Windows 10: corrupted windows files

Discus and support corrupted windows files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting corrupted windows files not long after a clean install of windows 10 home 64bit. This is the 4th time it has happened. It happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MIke_1990_252, Dec 22, 2018.

1. corrupted windows files

I keep getting corrupted windows files not long after a clean install of windows 10 home 64bit. This is the 4th time it has happened. It happens anywhere from within a couple hours of the fresh/clean install. I am installing windows 10 home 64 bit from usb that I made using iso file i downloaded directly from microsoft and use rufus to burn the iso files to usb. I have downloaded the iso several time to make sure it wasnt a bad download and have burned iso to usb several times through rufu as well and makes no difference. I'm not sure how to assess these cbs logs to see what is causing this and to resolve it. Can anyone please assist me?

:)

MIke_1990_252, Dec 22, 2018

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 22, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Chewy Win User

corrupted windows files

Windows corrupt file corrupted windows files :p

humm k, this thing is poping up on my taskbar.

!(yellow triangle around it) Windows - Corrupt File

The file or directory C:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll is corrupt or unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

Well I ran the chkdsk in my windows 32 folder and the problem remains*Stick Out Tongue corrupted windows files :p.

Any help when someone has the spare time, is greatly apriciated.

Chewy, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

corrupted windows files

1. corrupted windows files - Similar Threads - corrupted files

2. corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corrupted files: I Started a scan and it states this message aswell it wont let me open anything due to a framework error"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  3. corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    corrupted files: I Started a scan and it states this message aswell it wont let me open anything due to a framework error"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  4. corrupted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do I fix a corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix a corrupted file?: I ran SFC /Scannow and it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and when I looked in my CBS log it was d3d10warp.dll that was corrupted. I am wondering how to fix this. I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 system...
  6. how do I fix a corrupted file?

how do I fix a corrupted file?: I ran SFC /Scannow and it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and when I looked in my CBS log it was d3d10warp.dll that was corrupted. I am wondering how to fix this. I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 system...
  7. how do I fix a corrupted file?

8. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  9. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  10. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update