Windows 10: Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

Discus and support Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Emilio Corsetti1, May 26, 2023.

1. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that point to corrupted system files. The first thing that happened was I received the error 0x8007042b after starting Microsoft Flight Simulator. So I spent several hours running various troubleshooting suggestions related to this error: sfc /scannow, DISM?, deleting caches in the registry, repair, reset, so many that I lost track of everything that I tried. Clicking on the details link for the error code brought up a lengthy message about background tr

:)

Emilio Corsetti1, May 26, 2023

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 26, 2023
  3. MR650 Win User
    how to fix 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)

John Dev,

Why would an in-place Upgrade solve this problem? I did all the steps listed here but not the in-place update. The error I see in the Windows update window is "Download error - 0x8024401c" for 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706). Its been logging this error since 3/17/2023

Note that on 2/15 everything seemed fine:

2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022845)

Successfully Installed on 2/15/2023

2023-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5022497)

Successfully Installed on 2/15/2023

MR650, May 26, 2023
  4. malware Win User

Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

1. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2 - Similar Threads - Corrupted system files

2. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2: After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that point to corrupted system files. The first thing that happened was I received the error 0x8007042b after starting Microsoft...
  3. File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update: Title pretty much says it all, I can't use file explorer or access any of my drives through it, restarting it did not help and the only thing that solved it was uninstalling the latest update.I have no idea what causes this issue but currently I'd rather uninstall the latest...
  4. File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update

File explorer not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2 latest update: Title pretty much says it all, I can't use file explorer or access any of my drives through it, restarting it did not help and the only thing that solved it was uninstalling the latest update.I have no idea what causes this issue but currently I'd rather uninstall the latest...
  5. Windows Update and system files corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and system files corrupted: Windows 10 on a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx Windows Update crashed - it has not worked since. System files were corrupted and hardly anything works.Troubleshooter gets me to restart but nothing changes.There is a large number of updates. Most download and have status of 'pending...
  6. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update: Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or DELETED from my system causing multiple applications to be reconfigured / corrupt and no longer operational. I tried to RESTORE to...
  7. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update: Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or DELETED from my system causing multiple applications to be reconfigured / corrupt and no longer operational. I tried to RESTORE to...
  8. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

9. No desktop after latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No desktop after latest Cumulative update: Hello, last night I updated to the latest cumulative update ( KB4565503), however when I started my PC today, all I am greeted with is a black screen. I can access the task manager with CTRL+ALT+DEL and can through that open up things like Firefox, a folder, etc. But I do...
  10. asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and...: i am asking is it possible to delete unneccessary system files unneccessary files in window C microsoft sharepoint designer update or microsoft 2010 update is not installing also update KB4541335 is not unninstalling [ATTACH][ATTACH]...