Windows 10: Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040

Discus and support Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All, Most of the time the Insider Builds are OK, and any issues can be worked around, however, whilst working on the laptop today (doing nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by swinster, Jan 3, 2018.

1. swinster Win User

Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040

Hi All,

Most of the time the Insider Builds are OK, and any issues can be worked around, however, whilst working on the laptop today (doing nothing innocuous - replying to email), the display corrupted. I could not recover this either through a warm or cold reboot/restart. I have tried a system restore (although I never have much luck in these working, and the restore claimed that it failed so I undid this), plus removing and re-installing the Intel graphics drivers from HP.

When I uninstalled the drivers, all was OK, but of course I have limited capabilities, such as single screen, no adjustment of resolution etc. As soon as I re-installed the driver, the corruption re-appears.

I ran the on-board system diagnostics for the video and video memory which all passed with no issue. However, I’m still wondering if this is a hardware or software issue. Of course, goign back to HP support, the first thing they are goign to say is "return the PC to factory settings", or some such.

With the corruption evident, the system is unusable. Please see the attachments for weird and wonderful screen captures.

Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040 [​IMG]

Suggestions?

:)

swinster, Jan 3, 2018

2. Bluetooth goes off and no longer available in action center. How to turn back on?

Trying to synch up my Fitbit Ionic. Bluetooth on my HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 keeps going off and is removed from action center.

Marc Sugarman, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 blue screen

I occur in blue screen and computer reload after undocking my laptop from his dock station. I've an HP EliteBook 1040 G3.

Is it possible to get the name of the driver causing this fail?

I attach the minidump file here: Minidump

Fernando Walter Gagni, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040

Please install latest version of the graphic card driver from graphic card manufacturer website.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  5. swinster Win User
    @FreeBooter, I wasn't clear obviously above, but I have removed and re-installed the Intel graphics drivers from HP. These were the latest available. FWIW, generic Intel drivers will not install..

swinster, Jan 3, 2018
  6. swinster Win User
    Further, I have also allowed Windows to install its own drivers that it thinks are appropriate, after uninstalling and deleting the driver, and then rebooting.

None of this has helped.

swinster, Jan 3, 2018
  7. Maybe latest version of graphic card driver buggy if you can found previous graphic card driver install it.
    You should not update your device driver from Microsoft because Microsoft not always have the latest device drivers also some time Microsoft will install buggy device driver.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  8. swinster Win User

The reason to install from MS was simply to test, which failed. Currently there is only one driver listed on the HP site annoyingly. This dates to October 25, 2017 (15.46.4771 Rev.F - HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support). This was installed when it was released and has been functional until today.

The latest Intel driver is 15.60.2.4901 (Downloads for Graphics Drivers), but as mentioned this will not install, neither will any of the older Intel drivers.

I have so far been unable to find earlier HP drivers.

Correction - they are staring me in the face!!!!

swinster, Jan 3, 2018
  9. Did you found the previous version of the graphic card driver because HP driver download link you provided does have previous version of the graphic card driver.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  10. swinster Win User
    @FreeBooter, yes, as I corrected above - "they were staring me in the face"

What I have found is that the native Intel drivers WILL install, although you need to be specific in the process that you follow to install them. Previous drivers must be uninstalled and deleted, the PC must be reboot and ideally, NIC disabled to stop Windows reading out to Windows Update.

So here is what I have done:

• Download latest and previous HP and native Intel drivers (4 in total, just for testing),
    • Disabled the NICs,
    • Uninstalled an deleted graphics drivers
    • Rebooted, then ensured that only the Microsoft Basic Display driver was installed.
    • Installed each driver in turn, following the steps above.

Unfortunately, as soon as any of the drivers were install, the display corrupted immediately - even before the reboot.

swinster, Jan 3, 2018
  11. I think graphic card malfunctioning there is not much i can do to help you sorry.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  12. swinster Win User
    Which actually means the CPU is malfunctioning, given this is integrated video (an Intel i7 6500U CPU)

What is odd that the on board diagnostics pass the tests, and that the basic driver works with no issues.

swinster, Jan 3, 2018
  13. Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040

Well we have tried previous and latest drivers with same result so its not driver issue you could repair install Windows 10 or clean install Windows 10 to find out if Windows 10 causing the issue

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  14. swinster Win User
    Cheers, an this is what I was afraid of. Such is the pain of running an Insiders build, there are now ISOs available.

swinster, Jan 3, 2018
  15. swinster Win User
    swinster, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040 - Similar Threads - Corruption display Insider

2. My HP EliteBook 840 g3 notebook didn't operate cellular network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My HP EliteBook 840 g3 notebook didn't operate cellular network: my hp EliteBook 840 g3 notebook didn't operate cellular network* Changed to a question* Original title: my laptop is elitebook 840 g3 notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g3-notebook-didnt-operate/cb4ad2f8-e165-46b5-8d94-873cadf43656
  3. What WWAN modules are compatible with HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What WWAN modules are compatible with HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5?: I'm trying to get a sim card to work in my laptop, I've heard that on the left of the laptop there's a nano sim card slot but it wont budge when I try to open it. I've heard another method where you open the laptop cover and you need to install a wwan module and then insert a...
  4. What WWAN modules are compatible with HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What WWAN modules are compatible with HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5?: I'm trying to get a sim card to work in my laptop, I've heard that on the left of the laptop there's a nano sim card slot but it wont budge when I try to open it. I've heard another method where you open the laptop cover and you need to install a wwan module and then insert a...
  5. my hp EliteBook 820 g3 don't have the cellular option. Windows 11

my hp EliteBook 820 g3 don't have the cellular option. Windows 11: I already inserted the SIM card but it didn't show anything I even restarted it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-820-g3-dont-have-the-cellular/396ac5c8-5447-49ef-b70c-74fcbb9e6941
  6. how to use sim card on my hp elitebook 840 g3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use sim card on my hp elitebook 840 g3: pls, can someone help me on how to use sim card on my hp elitebook 840 g3 windows 11 core i5, I have read a lot of posts on it but not working......
  7. how to use sim card on my hp elitebook 840 g3

how to use sim card on my hp elitebook 840 g3: pls, can someone help me on how to use sim card on my hp elitebook 840 g3 windows 11 core i5, I have read a lot of posts on it but not working......
  8. Booting stops on HP Elitebook G6 1040 after updating to Win 11 from Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting stops on HP Elitebook G6 1040 after updating to Win 11 from Win 10: Hi,my otherwise lighting fast Elitebook suddenly stops loading when reaching the step I have included in the picture. The screen maintains black and no photo can be seen like usual. After about 20 minutes it sometimes shows a photo and I can enter my pin. Thereafter the PC...
  9. Microphone keeps on going in and out Windows 10, HP EliteBook 840 G3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone keeps on going in and out Windows 10, HP EliteBook 840 G3: I have a HP EliteBook 840 G3. Recently I have been having issues with my microphone. When I talk into my camera or voice recorder, the sound of my voice goes in and out. When I am talking with individuals through zoom or messenger, the same thing occurs as well. Thus people...
  10. HP Elitebook 8460p display problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Elitebook 8460p display problems: Hi all, I am in need of some advice. I am trying to get my HP EliteBook 8460p into a state ready to go to a new home (fresh Windows install, the works) but I have run into a strange issue; every time I reboot, the display does not display the welcome screen for login until I...