Windows 10: Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points

Discus and support Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.720 x64 on my Dell Inspiron 3670, and I'm having issues regarding corruption of Windows' 10 restore... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ian Mosley, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points

I am currently running Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.720 x64 on my Dell Inspiron 3670, and I'm having issues regarding corruption of Windows' 10 restore points.

Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points 4558e2c9-a50b-46b8-b46d-8e7066b57a28?upload=true.png

Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points 8b01ff24-1332-4382-99be-92de2a5e0deb?upload=true.png

Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points 9522f30f-de5b-4a05-9c75-ea5b57d5ee86?upload=true.png Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points 1b6afb38-637e-4b1e-b5d8-081a1938974b?upload=true.png

Dell have been looking into this issue on my behalf and come up with the following

- clean install Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.720 x64 and checkfor corruptions after woorking for several weeks

I clean installed Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.418 x64 using the official MS .ISO and have been upgrading using the updates

via'Windows Update' since;

or,

- if the issue persits, you will have to try via the MS Windows. tool.

However, I have been unable to locate this tool.

Can anyone help and give me any information about this tool?

:)

Ian Mosley, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Ctrl-Z Win User

Windows 10 Restore Point creation error 0x800423F4 and possible workarounds

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Please post back with the information asked and the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks to all who contributed to this post.

I encountered this problem after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update.

After deleting all previous restore points on my system and making sure the VSS service was enabled, I followed the above recommendations and successfully created a restore point.

None of the scans indicated the presence of a problem so I suggest that you NOT give up if your sfc and dism scans come back clean.

Ctrl-Z, Mar 20, 2020
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CCorruption of Windows 10 Restore Points :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CCorruption of Windows 10 Restore Points :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points

1. Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points - Similar Threads - Corruption Restore Points

2. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image restore caused corrupt junction points: After unsuccesfully trying to migrate to the new intel VROC/RSTe drive without reinstalling, I restored back the Windows 10 image to traditional AHCI-attached drive.Windows got restored without visible errors, booted up.But I see all the system default junction points...
  3. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image restore caused corrupt junction points: After unsuccesfully trying to migrate to the new intel VROC/RSTe drive without reinstalling, I restored back the Windows 10 image to traditional AHCI-attached drive.Windows got restored without visible errors, booted up.But I see all the system default junction points...
  4. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]System Restore Points are states of Windows OS that can be used to fix the computer if anything goes wrong. Right from missing system files […] This article Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10? first appeared on...
  6. Restore point for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore point for Windows 10: I'd like to restore my computer back at least 6 months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-for-windows-10/ab9d4311-c15f-4f08-8771-573a06b9529b
  7. restore points in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore points in windows 10: My restore points only go back to June 20, 2019 and there are only two of them how do I access additional older restore points, specifically to 5.20.19? Thanks...
  8. Restore point for Windows 10

Restore point for Windows 10: I recently received another Windows 10 update and since then my laptop freezes from time to time when I'm working on either Outlook, Excel or Word. I can't work like this it takes so long throughout the day. I tried to do a restore but it seems I don't have any restore points...
  9. Windows 10 - Restore Points

Windows 10 - Restore Points: Owning to the many updates for this OS, my restore points seems to disappear. Where are they located? So that I can save them in case of problems - saving me time to re-install (it takes around 2-3 days). In the last 3 months I've had to re-install the OS 6 times....
  10. System restore points corrupted

System restore points corrupted: I have a about 19 system restore points saved on my computer for this month, probably one a day. All of them are corrupted. I cannot use any of them to restore my computer to an earlier time. None of previous months exist even though I have given system restore enough...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc /scannow & dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

2. dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth