Windows 10: Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads

Discus and support Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, this problem has been bugging me for a month. Starting from the beginning, One night, windows had a update and I installed it Though I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boon Halpert, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads

Hello, this problem has been bugging me for a month.

Starting from the beginning,
    One night, windows had a update and I installed it Though I am not sure which it was but it was mandatory. The next morning, I tried opening a game and it reported corrupted files. I tried opening 2 other games and it came back with corrupted files. Soon after, Windows started to slow down and at times it would refuse to shut down. I started getting BSODs at random times Mainly SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION <ntfs.sys>.

I ran SFC Scans, DISM Restore, CHKDSK and Error Checking, all of this came back with corruptions and that windows could not fix it.
    So eventually I got the entire machine replaced, the CPU, GPU, Motherboard, SSD and HDD got replaced with brand new parts.

After this I had reset Windows 10 eight times From local, USB and Cloud, all coming back with corruptions after I install the updates. Games would randomly crash Eg. Apex legends crashing with code: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.

The most recent reset USB Media Creation gave me more problems:
    After the fresh install,
    -> An immediate SFC Scan reported corruptions.
    -> DISM reported no component store corruptions.
    -> CHKDSK came back with no corruptions.

-> Windows Update failed to install some updates, giving me error code: 0x800f084f & 0x80070002 & 0x80073712 & 0x8007000d
    --> 2021-01 Cumulative Update 20H2 KB459842 in particular keeps failing to install.

--> Other updates KB4052623 did not go through initially but eventually it was successfully installed.

-> Event Viewer shows that the Updates had "Installation Failure".

-> Memory check came back with no errors.

-> Windows Troubleshooter Windows Update also came back with errors, detected but not fixed.

-> I tried a manual Windows Update Component reset but the updates keep failing to go through.

At this point, I really don't know what to do, everything I download Window Updates or any other application keeps coming back with random corruptions. I'd really appreciate the help, thank you! :'

Just a question, is it possible for a corrupt windows to also corrupt other downloads from the internet?

If this helps here's my build:
    AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU Flashed with latest BIOS Year 2021
    ASUS TUF Gaming B450-M Motherboard
    Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti
    KLEVV Dual Channel 8Gb x 2
    Samsung MZVLB512HBJQ-00000

Toshiba HDWD110

:)

Boon Halpert, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

Dude, please stop bashing things you don't fully understand.

SFC is the first step, System File Checker. That can fix many issues using various flags and knowing the context, and is a first step when there is doubt about system integrity. This is a simple utility and using SFC /Scannow will be the most commonly used flagged command for initial repair diagnostics. Takes a few minutes and is worth doing to resolve issues. While it can repair many issues, there's also many it cannot. That's where the next step comes in should you need it.

DISM, or Deployment Image Servicing and Management, is the big gorilla in Windows OSes for repairs and image management. It has a wide variety of uses from image capture and deploy to repair.

The common command for DISM was DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth,

Just running this can result in a system being repaired, but since the launch of Windows 10, the image check has become more complicated, requiring you have the Install.WIM file available for the OS version you're trying to repair. This is relatively, though with Microsoft's deployment of Windows 10, most ISO's you get from them have an Install.ESD that must be converted to a .WIM file. Pretty easy to do with a command in CLI or Powershell.

I typed up an article about this in the past...I'll go ahead and share it here for a series of steps a person could take to repair OS corruptions in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. It's not hard to do, but takes some attention to detail, being able to handle command line (which is easy), and a little patience.

I've personally fixed/repaired dozens if not hundreds of systems with these utilities, because simply... THEY WORK. How do I know? Because I'm a systems and network professional that has to manage 100s of Windows PCs ranging from XP to 10, and where we can use these utilities to repair corruption, we save a ton of time. My technicians, bench guys and engineers all know and use the hell out of these utilities.

I find it hard to accept your statement above as something acceptable to even say here, it clearly shows your lack of experience with using the repair utilities SFC and DISM correctly or looking into what the failures were and how to fix them appropriately. Nor is that kind of crap even what TPU is or has ever really been about, and being such a long time member I would have expected you know that...though you've always been that way so maybe it's just habitual...surely not helpful to anyone else participating in this thread, or even yourself.

The OS is literally telling you what is wrong and where it's keeping the information so you can look into it further, that's not whining, that's stating facts. Nice try though. If you don't want to learn how to fix OS corruption, don't blame the OS or tools, blame yourself and shut up about it, and don't bitch about the OS utilities whining...LOL, because in reality wouldn't your bitching mean you're whining??? *Slap :slap:

So knock that shit off and let's fix the issues instead k? *Wink Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads ;)

Kursah, Jan 30, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads

1. Corruption on Windows OS & any other downloads - Similar Threads - Corruption downloads

2. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  3. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  4. how can i download a current msconfig file for windows 10 it is corrupt?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i download a current msconfig file for windows 10 it is corrupt?: How can I download the windows 10 version of msconfig and install it. my file is corrupted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-a-current-msconfig-file-for/8d9ba949-4177-4feb-8546-08245f8ae7f7
  5. how can i download a current msconfig file for windows 10 it is corrupt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i download a current msconfig file for windows 10 it is corrupt?: How can I download the windows 10 version of msconfig and install it. my file is corrupted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-a-current-msconfig-file-for/8d9ba949-4177-4feb-8546-08245f8ae7f7
  6. how can i download a current msconfig file for windows 10 it is corrupt?

7. some game files are corrupted after i download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some game files are corrupted after i download: after i upgraded from windows 10 32bit to 64bit i got problem when i download a game using idmafter the download finish when i extract the files of the game i get a message error for a corrupted file or more for tthe game before upgrading to 64 bit i wasnt getting any error...
  8. some game files are corrupted after i download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some game files are corrupted after i download: after i upgraded from windows 10 32bit to 64bit i got problem when i download a game using idmafter the download finish when i extract the files of the game i get a message error for a corrupted file or more for tthe game before upgrading to 64 bit i wasnt getting any error...
  9. some game files are corrupted after i download

10. Looking for a Corrupted File Fix Software, System Reset, Downloadable Application, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a Corrupted File Fix Software, System Reset, Downloadable Application, etc.: Late last week I had accidentally deleted 2000 .mp4 files. These files have been recovered via WonderShare Recoverit. All files have been "corrupted"This is the error when attempting to open each file. I am posting to look for any form of a .mp4 repair tool/application. This...