Windows 10: Corsair Mic only recording static after Windows update

Discus and support Corsair Mic only recording static after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 version 2004 today, and after the update my Corsair headset mic started only outputting static noise. It was completely fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrodoTheDodo, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Corsair Mic only recording static after Windows update

I updated to Windows 10 version 2004 today, and after the update my Corsair headset mic started only outputting static noise. It was completely fine earlier in the day before the update, and it still works perfectly in my phone, so I am confident it's not the headset that is the issue. That just leaves the update and the mic port as the culprits. I rolled back the update but that didn't fix the issue, so I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do next in regards to troubleshooting.

:)

FrodoTheDodo, Jun 22, 2020

2. Corsair Void Headset - No MIC Audio

I have a Corsair VOID USB gaming headset and for some reason since switching to Windows 10, I can't get the MIC to work. I can hear fine, but can't talk. It worked fine on Windows 7, and works fine on another computer.

I have the latest drivers and control software installed from Corsair, and if I really fiddle with it I am able to get the MIC audio to work in my DAW (Ableton Live 10 sound recording software), but it won't work anywhere else like Skype, which is really where I need it.

Any suggestions?

Gurn Blanston, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Page Hite Win User
    Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Corsair Mic only recording static after Windows update

Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Corsair Mic only recording static after Windows update

1. Corsair Mic only recording static after Windows update - Similar Threads - Corsair Mic recording

2. webcam mic only hears static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam mic only hears static: when i was trying for my meeting my webcam only hears static and it so loud my headphone mic works fine but my webcam mic is now broken is there fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-mic-only-hears-static/48914292-b0fe-4be8-ad50-b7d67421704e
  3. webcam mic only hears static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam mic only hears static: when i was trying for my meeting my webcam only hears static and it so loud my headphone mic works fine but my webcam mic is now broken is there fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-mic-only-hears-static/48914292-b0fe-4be8-ad50-b7d67421704e
  4. webcam mic only hears static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  6. Recording Microphone Static

Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  7. Only static through mic, tried updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only static through mic, tried updating drivers: So I just built a new PC and whenever I plugged in my headphones only static seemed to come through the mic, however it was detecting sound properly. I saw elsewhere on here to update windows drivers as well as through the motherboard's website. Once I've done that the mic...
  8. Only static through mic, tried updating drivers

Only static through mic, tried updating drivers: So I just built a new PC and whenever I plugged in my headphones only static seemed to come through the mic, however it was detecting sound properly. I saw elsewhere on here to update windows drivers as well as through the motherboard's website. Once I've done that the mic...
  9. Only static through mic, tried updating drivers

10. Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static.

Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static.: To fix an audio problem where some voice audio wouldn't play into my headphones, I uninstalled all audio drivers in Device Manager > Sound, video, game controllers. I restarted my computer, and my audio problem was fixed, BUT now my mic has stopped working. It can only be...