Windows 10: Cortana Activation Bug

Discus and support Cortana Activation Bug in Cortana to solve the problem; About once a day, Cortana will activate on her own and pull up the full screen mode. This is getting obnoxious. My mic isn't even turned on when this... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jack Fraust, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Cortana Activation Bug

About once a day, Cortana will activate on her own and pull up the full screen mode. This is getting obnoxious. My mic isn't even turned on when this happens, I wear headphones and there is absolutely no background noise. This needs to be fixed!

:)

Jack Fraust, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Cortana Activation Bug

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Activation Bug

1. Cortana Activation Bug - Similar Threads - Cortana Activation Bug

2. How to active Cortana

in Cortana
    How to active Cortana: I dont know how to active cortana. I set region is United State and language is EnglishThis is screenshotThanks for help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-active-cortana/055bce8c-f546-4277-8032-c8b65bcd4e51
  3. Cortana Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Bug: Hi, I'm experiencing bugs when i try to set an alarm using cortana.Firstly, i type "set an alarm at 12.30pm today"Then it asks me "what time would you like your alarm?" at this part, the first problem appears. it does not understand my command while other normal commands such...
  4. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  5. Cortana Calendar Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Calendar Bug: My Cortana is showing symptoms of dementia :c [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-calendar-bug/5ae63765-1dee-4c66-b19d-88823f2e37c1
  6. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana voice activation: Hi guys, I am trying to activate cortana by saying "cortana" is not working, mic is ok, permission is given, other than this cortana is fully functioning, but when i am saying "cortana" it did nothing. If someone knows about this problem please help. submitted by...
  7. Cortana alt-tab bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana alt-tab bug: Yes it is a good news that Cortana is now shipped as if it is a separate application but please do not include it in the alt tab process. It just makes the workflow slower because Cortana is supposed to open or show up only when triggered but not as part of the main...
  8. Not activating Cortana by not registering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not activating Cortana by not registering?: Morning tsm. Wants to decativate Cortana because deleting is not recommended or almost impossible. When I open Cortana, it means that I have to register to start Cortana. Is it enough that I simply do not register so that Cortana is not used/activated? Lg Cortana nicht...
  9. Can't activate Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't activate Cortana: I have a new PC: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.17134, build 17134 When I got it I disabled the locations & Permissions for several apps, including Cortana. I did go into Locations & Permissions and turn her back on. Rebooted, still no help. Now I can't seem to get her...
  10. Activating Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Cortana: Ok..I originally signed into Cortana with a gmail account (not microsoft account). I need to sign in with my outlook account however, now I cannot change the email account in Cortana. How can I change the email I use to sign into Cortana? I cannot find any options that allow...