Windows 10: Cortana adds tasks to the "wrong" to-do list

Discus and support Cortana adds tasks to the "wrong" to-do list in Cortana to solve the problem; When I add a task using Cortana, it appears in her task list i.e., the new task appears in Cortana > Notebook > Organizer > Lists > To Do, but it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sachelis, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Sachelis Win User

Cortana adds tasks to the "wrong" to-do list

When I add a task using Cortana, it appears in her task list i.e., the new task appears in Cortana > Notebook > Organizer > Lists > To Do, but it doesn't appear in my Outlook 2016, Outlook.com, or Microsoft To Do lists.

Cortana and Microsoft To Do are linked to my Microsoft account i.e., choosing Cortana > Notebook > Manage Skills > Manage Accounts > Outlook shows my Microsoft email and says that my calendar, email, and reminders/lists/tasks are linked. Cortana can read appointments from my Outlook calendar.

When I add tasks in Microsoft To Do, they do show up in Outlook 2016 and Outlook.com i.e., those are clearly linked.

I have read plenty of posts that explain how to link Cortana and Microsoft To Do please don't post a generic link explaining how to do that, and my accounts are linked and Cortana can read my Outlook calendar, but she seems to be maintaining her own to-do list rather than using Microsoft To Do.

Thanks!

:)

Sachelis, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana adds tasks to the "wrong" to-do list [​IMG]

Try0x101, Dec 30, 2019
  3. c# subtract elements of a list

This.
    Create EventInfo class with DateTime EventStart, DateTime EventEnd, and a TimeSpan property Duration (with only getter) that gets EventEnd-EventStart.
    Then you keep the list of EventInfo instances.

BiggieShady, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Cortana adds tasks to the "wrong" to-do list

Can Cortana Sync Tasks/Reminders with Outlook Tasks

I use Office 365 and Outlook 2016. I want Cortana to add tasks to my Outlook Task List.

Jonathan Hogan, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Cortana adds tasks to the "wrong" to-do list

1. Cortana adds tasks to the "wrong" to-do list - Similar Threads - Cortana adds tasks

2. What's wrong with Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's wrong with Cortana ?: Images - 1. Cortana Settings I'm sorry, this may seem trivial, but did any of the new updates do something to Cortana on my device? Also I'm pretty sure, there was a setting called Cortana in itself, that doesn't seem to be there as well. Is this some kind of under...
  3. Mailbox wrong location for Cortana

in Cortana
    Mailbox wrong location for Cortana: Hi, I have an issue with Cortana which does not appear on my previous computer. All the settings are the same, and this is what I have if I run Cortana with my account. [ATTACH] I tried everything, re-install, change location on my device, change permission, etc. I...
  4. Cortana suggests the wrong app

in Cortana
    Cortana suggests the wrong app: Hi, I only have the Windows 10 mail app installed to manage my emails. Every time I say "open my email" Cortana suggests "Mail" and "Settings". How can I remove the "Settings" option? I've just done a clean install. Thanks....
  5. Add Microsoft "To-Do" Tasks to Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Microsoft "To-Do" Tasks to Action Center: Is anybody aware of a way to add Tasks from Microsoft "To-Do" to the Action Center? I am aware that Action Center is mostly about Notifications, but I would value the ability to dock my Tasks there as a persistent Alert. It is not unlike having quick access to some...
  6. how do I add to my Contacts List?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I add to my Contacts List?: How do I add to my Contacts List? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-to-my-contacts-list/92d1247c-199d-4bd4-b53f-f261cfc309b4
  7. Cortana and task bar

in Cortana
    Cortana and task bar: I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen, for example, if I want to scroll the the right or left, the task bar pops up and freezes in place so that I can no longer...
  8. cortana is wrong

in Cortana
    cortana is wrong: something happens to cortana does not work can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-wrong/7f98c728-f072-4e4e-86dd-c1411c7eb73f"
  9. Cortana search filter list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search filter list: I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types. How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content? [img] 95921
  10. Cortana tells wrong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana tells wrong time: This seems simple, but I can't find any way to get it right. Cortana can't seem to tell me the right time. I live in Ypsilanti, MI. Somehow Cortana thinks I live in Ypsilanti Twp., ND. So when I ask her what time it is, she's giving me a time from the North Dakota time...