Windows 10: Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

Discus and support Cortana after Windows version 2004 update in Cortana to solve the problem; Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MartinKöhler2, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless.

:)

MartinKöhler2, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

Cortana after Windows version 2004 update [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

3. Cortana is not tracking flights automatically after updating the old itinerary

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Cortana settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable and re-enable Cortana settings in the computer.

• Sign in the computer.
      • Then click on Search bar.
      • In the search box at the bottom, type Cortana & Search settings in the search bar and click on it.
      • Then try to disable Cortana from Windows 10.
      • To re-enable Cortana, you can click inside the Cortana search bar.
      • From the bottom of the left section of the Cortana pane, click the Cortana icon.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

• Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 26, 2020
  4. badrobot Win User

Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

No one should ever worry about any issues with the Windows update if you take this one extra step...

badrobot, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

1. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update - Similar Threads - Cortana version 2004

2. When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?

in Cortana
    When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?: When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update? Somebody know it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-spotify-link-feature-available-in/696383bf-d353-4a16-92f1-9a529bc82a95
  3. how to get cortana working after update to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to get cortana working after update to 2004: after installed the "feature update to win 10 , version 2004 Cortana ceases to function via a mic' Gives a msg that it is not available in the UK I have tried suggestions to "Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted and press Enter Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach...
  4. Updates for Windows 10, version 2004 now stops Cortana

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates for Windows 10, version 2004 now stops Cortana: I have now tried several times to apply the update from my 18363 build to 2004 but every time I find that Cortana no longer works giving msg that it not available in teh UK I try to do the update every month to see if there has been aby fix or change. The OS goes thru the...
  5. MALFUNCTION OF CORTANA AFTER RECENT WINDOWS 10 2004 VERSION UPDATE

in Cortana
    MALFUNCTION OF CORTANA AFTER RECENT WINDOWS 10 2004 VERSION UPDATE: GOOD EVENING, I am using windows 10 home single language,after the recent july month windows 10 version 2004 update my cortana is not working.it states that "cortana is not available for EnglishINDIA".now i am not at all able to access cortana on my device.kindly i request...
  6. why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004: I was very excited i dont know why but i was excited about the new windows update version 2004 i have heard many things that cortana has changed they made a photo search option in search bar but when the update came and i started the update it got stuck on getting things...
  7. BSoD after update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  8. cortana after 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana after 2004 update: why did cortana go back to its old way of communicating? it is much less user friendly now! before this update i could just say hey cortana, without clicking on anything, and she would listen for my question, etc. also, she would turn off the pc with my command. now she...
  9. How to I disable Cortana in version 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I disable Cortana in version 2004?: So I installed the newest update yesterday, so far so good. Except now Cortana is forced on me? Even though it's not available in my region? Anyways, it's annoying because I alt+tab a lot, and everytime I do that, instead of changing windows it brings up Cortana. Thanks in...
  10. why is my cortana not working after 2004 update?

in Cortana
    why is my cortana not working after 2004 update?: [ATTACH] this is what it shown when i open cortana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cortana-not-working-after-2004-update/df473834-b329-48eb-ae30-907f3c58b904