Windows 10: Cortana and 2004

Discus and support Cortana and 2004 in Cortana to solve the problem; When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by finlux69, Jun 1, 2020.

1. finlux69 Win User

Cortana and 2004

When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in missing. I've checked that I'm am signed in everywhere I am and also tried resetting the Cortana app, but nothing works. I've reverted back to 1909 where Cortana works as expected.

I don't use Cortana a huge amount these days because of dwindling support from Microsoft. Is this an issue you're aware of and plan to fix or should I give up on her and stick with Alexa instead?!

:)

finlux69, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 1, 2020
  3. borgus Win User
    2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Cortana and 2004

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Cortana and 2004

1. Cortana and 2004 - Similar Threads - Cortana 2004

2. Cortana can't set alarms, in windows 10 version 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana can't set alarms, in windows 10 version 2004: I am having a problem with cortana when I asked her set an alaram cortana said Sorry I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-set-alarms-in-windows-10-version-2004/cca24ac9-e46d-496a-b122-3b5eb6da28d2
  3. When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?

in Cortana
    When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?: When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update? Somebody know it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-spotify-link-feature-available-in/696383bf-d353-4a16-92f1-9a529bc82a95
  4. Windows 10 2004 20H2 610 Only Builtin Administrator account StartMenu, Searchbox, Cortana...

in Cortana
    Windows 10 2004 20H2 610 Only Builtin Administrator account StartMenu, Searchbox, Cortana...: Hello, More problems. Search and sourced from Cortana Notifications icon not seen. [ATTACH] Cortana Open and close 2 second. Not working. [ATTACH] Start menu User Button clicked but not see Closed Session and Other Options [ATTACH] Windows StartMenu,...
  5. Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update: Cannot select App Category as " Cortana " is not included on Listings There is a problem, with Version 2004 why can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft...
  6. how to get cortana working after update to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to get cortana working after update to 2004: after installed the "feature update to win 10 , version 2004 Cortana ceases to function via a mic' Gives a msg that it is not available in the UK I have tried suggestions to "Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted and press Enter Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach...
  7. cortana is not working on lockscreen since 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana is not working on lockscreen since 2004 update: hi my cortana is not working on lockscreen . what i will do? cortana is not working after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-working-on-lockscreen-since-2004/1f24a534-991d-401c-85a9-548bf9418369
  8. Cortana Location in Windows 10 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana Location in Windows 10 2004: I upgraded to windows 20.04 yesterday. Now Cortana does not know my location anymore and there seems to be no way to change it i.e. Cortana notebook is gone. My actual address is in California but Cortona keeps reporting the time, weather or location as either in Kenosha WI...
  9. PSA: Microsoft removed features on Windows 10 2004 - Cortana no longer can control music or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Microsoft removed features on Windows 10 2004 - Cortana no longer can control music or...: Before windows 10 2004, i could tell cortana to play local and spotify music. Playlist, album, etc all are okay control any media (local music, local video, spotify music, etc) that use windows media control API (the pop up on top left screen when you increase/decrease...
  10. Updates for Windows 10, version 2004 now stops Cortana

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates for Windows 10, version 2004 now stops Cortana: I have now tried several times to apply the update from my 18363 build to 2004 but every time I find that Cortana no longer works giving msg that it not available in teh UK I try to do the update every month to see if there has been aby fix or change. The OS goes thru the...