Windows 10: Cortana and File Explorer search not working!

Discus and support Cortana and File Explorer search not working! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 with latest update (KB4566782). Both Cortana and File Explorer search won't open. I tried the Microsoft powershell script to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItzL3op4rd, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Cortana and File Explorer search not working!

I'm running windows 10 with latest update (KB4566782). Both Cortana and File Explorer search won't open.

I tried the Microsoft powershell script to reset cortana, uninstall update, reinstalling cortana, all services seems to be running correctly. What else could it be?

submitted by /u/ItzL3op4rd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ItzL3op4rd, Oct 1, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cortana search not work / Windows search not work / Not indexing

Hi, I suggest you
    a. wait for indexing to be complete
    b. open file explorer at a point in the file hierarchy above a folder you wish to search which has been indexed
    c. type the file name in file explorer's search field
    d. post
    i. Indexing options showing the folder is specified to be indexed
    ii file explorer showing the search text and result
    like this:

Cortana and File Explorer search not working! [​IMG]

There you can see H: is indexed; explorer is open at H: ; I'm searching for a file doc-47 ; That's been found in a folder on drive H:

dalchina, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana and File Explorer search not working!

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana and File Explorer search not working! [​IMG]

Try0x101, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Cortana and File Explorer search not working!

1. Cortana and File Explorer search not working! - Similar Threads - Cortana File Explorer

2. search & file explorer search not working

in Cortana
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  3. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  4. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?: Since about 1 week I have the problem that I cannot use the search in Windows Explorer. I just press on it and I can't type any text and the I sign doesn't appear on what I am allowed to type. The same problem with Cortana. I would be glad about help. Thanks Cortana/Windows...
  6. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  7. File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search: I have a user in my organization that is having a problem with File Explorer. Before, she would be able to use the Cortana search bar, type in a few letters leading to File Explorer, and it would usually pop up as the top result. Now, it shows 7-Zip File Manager and File...
  8. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  9. File Explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search not working: Hi, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. The search in the task bar seems to be working perfectly but the search bar in file explorer does not display any results. I tried rebuilding, modifying the indices but still no change. . [img] [img] [img]...
  10. File Explorer Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search Not Working: Recently, I have observed the Search feature of the File Explorer does not work (e.g., No items match your search). The folders I'm searching are indexed. I've tried rebuilding the index. I can even drill down to a folder I know contains the sought file and entering a search...