Windows 10: Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings

Discus and support Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings in Cortana to solve the problem; I just started using the invoke with my smart lighting system in my apartment. Although Cortana is able to control my lights individually as well as in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KeeganNicholson, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings

I just started using the invoke with my smart lighting system in my apartment. Although Cortana is able to control my lights individually as well as in their entirety, Cortana is unable to control lights as grouped by the room or activate scenes. Is this a fix that will be released anytime soon or is there something I'm missing?

Let me know if this is the wrong area for this post... Couldn't find a suitable category when adding the question.

:)

KeeganNicholson, Jan 5, 2019
  2. texasRay Win User

Cortana connect with SmartThings not working

While the availability of the Windows 10 mobile app is quite nice (and the reason I chose SmartThings over other devices), I believe that the issues described here result from trying to connect the SmartThings account with Cortana to be used with the a Windows
    10 device (surface) or the HK Invoke speaker.

The end goal - for me - at least would be to say "Hey Cortana, turn on the patio lights" or "Hey Cortana, Set the temperature to 75 degrees" and behind the scenes, Cortana passes the info off to the SmartThings hubs where "magic" then happens.

Without the ability to log in to SmartThings via the Cortana Notebook, Connected Home dialog, this use case doesn't exist and renders the use of Cortana for these tasks as a non-starter.

texasRay, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Cortana connect with SmartThings not working

Yes, SmartThings stopped supporting W10 Mobile app end of June 2017. However, the app still works for me on my Lumia 735 phone and is my primary tool for controlling my devices. Also, Cortana still lists SmartThings in Connected Home but gets stuck with
    waiting. MS should then simply not have included SmartThings in the Connected Home listing and support should be aware of whether or not SmartThings is supported by Connected Home. Since that is the real problem we have this unnecessary
    back and forth due to mediocre support capability.

HansSeehase, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings

Cortana connect with SmartThings not working

Hi Hans,

Software incompatibility or broken system files are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue with integrating Cortana to another feature. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows Phone?
    • Have you made any changes to your phone and computer before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest that you troubleshoot problems with Cortana. You can also
    read this discussion about Cortana Connected Home with SmartThings for your
    future reference.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings

1. Cortana and HK Invoke dont work with scenes in Samsung SmartThings - Similar Threads - Cortana Invoke dont

2. HK Invoke connection problems

in Cortana
    HK Invoke connection problems: Hi, My Invoke had been without power for a while and now seems to need to be setup as a new device again. However when trying to set it up through my phone Android or my PC Windows 10 the setup fails at the same step every time. It fails on connecting to the home WiFi....
  3. HK Invoke Bluetooth name is fixed HK Invoke ... regardless of the name I give to the...

in Cortana
    HK Invoke Bluetooth name is fixed HK Invoke ... regardless of the name I give to the...: It seems that I cannot change the BT name of the device even though I have reset and set it up multiple times. The name Cortana says for pairing is different from the actual one. The name is fixed Worse, after some extended inactivity, BT service deactivates on the Invoke...
  4. My HK Invoke no longer streams TuneIn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HK Invoke no longer streams TuneIn: I noticed that on December 13, I noticed that my Invoke wasn’t playing my preferred station (Mix Lite) on TuneIn at all. Tried two days later and the Invoke says “I can’t help with you right now.” Why is this happening? I wished Microsoft and Harman Kardon had fixed this...
  5. Cortana Invoke speaker not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana Invoke speaker not working: Recently I purchased Cortana Invoke for my pc, however when trying to pair it VIA Bluetooth to my pc. The issue is it pairs fine and is connected but in settings it is not connected under the audio it appears connected under other devices. I am unable to open sound settings...
  6. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  7. Cortana Connected Home Scenes and Rules are not working; cannot create Rule or Scene

in Cortana
    Cortana Connected Home Scenes and Rules are not working; cannot create Rule or Scene: Cortana got updated and added "Rules" and "Scenes" under Connected Home section of the Notebook. Really cool, however both sections are not working - the "Create a scene" button does nothing and there is no button to create a Rule....
  8. Samsung SmartThings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SmartThings: I’ve purchased HK Invoke recently and tried it with Samsung SmartThings. Invoke works with Cortana and it can control the light system in my apartment individually. However it cannot control lights as grouped by the room or activate scenes. Did I miss something?...
  9. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results...
  10. HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio

in Cortana
    HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio: Cortana doesn't recognize many radio stations I know available in TuneIn. I believe it's a matter of recognition. How can I make Cortana access them ? . For example Klara , is a classical music station based in Belgium, listed on TuneIn. What should I say to make Cortana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iinvoke dont work

2. cortana scenes

3. cortana scene smartthings

4. does the invoke work with samsung smartthings