Windows 10: Cortana and Location settings

Discus and support Cortana and Location settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JulsieL, Jun 7, 2016.

1. JulsieL Win User

Cortana and Location settings

After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process needs to be repeated. It seems the location setting turn off by itself!!Please help

:)

JulsieL, Jun 7, 2016
  2. TKOP Win User

Cortana and Location Settings

Thank you for the advice Nachappa C K. I took your advice. I did a recovery of my computer and it now works. Unfortunately, I now need to re-install all my apps, but everything appears to be working, so that means it was the right move.

TKOP, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Cortana and Location Settings

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in answering the question.

I suggest you to follow the link below and try the troubleshooting steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Have a look at the location settings and make sure they are turned ON. Further down the screen shown below you will find all the Apps listed that use Location and you can select whether or not you want Location allowed for that App.

Cortana and Location settings [​IMG]

philc43, Jun 7, 2016
  5. JulsieL Win User
    That is exactly what I do. It always turns off by itself and have to do the whole procedure again

QUOTE=philc43;697357]Have a look at the location settings and make sure they are turned ON. Further down the screen shown below you will find all the Apps listed that use Location and you can select whether or not you want Location allowed for that App.

Cortana and Location settings [​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

JulsieL, Jun 7, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana and Location settings - Similar Threads - Cortana Location settings

2. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  3. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  4. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Cortana
  5. Cortana location problem.

in Cortana
    Cortana location problem.: Hello Everyone, My Cortana app shows the wrong location weather when I ask it. How to solve this issue?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-location-problem/f64c4413-fb39-4847-8f9b-9366a7a60891
  6. Mailbox wrong location for Cortana

in Cortana
    Mailbox wrong location for Cortana: Hi, I have an issue with Cortana which does not appear on my previous computer. All the settings are the same, and this is what I have if I run Cortana with my account. [ATTACH] I tried everything, re-install, change location on my device, change permission, etc. I...
  7. Cortana's Location

in Cortana
    Cortana's Location: I live in NE PA and Cortana gives me weather and movies for places in MD. How is that useful for me. A user should opt for inserting a current Zip code or location for this information otherwise you have written a useless software for a user!!...
  8. Location Greyed Out - Cortana Set Up Blocked

Location Greyed Out - Cortana Set Up Blocked: In attempting to set up Cortana, I get the requirement that location services must be turned on. That is greyed out (which makes sense on a desktop with no location capability). But it is then impossible to proceed with Cortana. Duncan 19128
  9. Location not working- Cortana not available

Location not working- Cortana not available: Hi, discovered I can't turn on 'Location'. 1. I can click the 'Change' button in Privacy, Location, but nothing happens. ('Location is off' is displayed) 2. 'Location' is greyed out in the Action Centre 3. The Network Location Service is running (I've tried stopping,...
  10. Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location

Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location: I have just bought a new computer with Win10 V.1607. I am trying to understand what is all very new to me. In Privacy, Settings/Location Location is turned on and I assume Location History is as well however the option to turn Cortana on or off under Choose Apps......... is...