Windows 10: Cortana and Microphone

Discus and support Cortana and Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cortana can't hear me. My laptop microphone worked to talk to Cortana now I get the message no microphone Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineCrain-De Hoyos, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Cortana and Microphone

Cortana can't hear me. My laptop microphone worked to talk to Cortana now I get the message no microphone Help

:)

ChristineCrain-De Hoyos, Feb 14, 2020

2. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Microphone not working with Cortana

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing detail of the issue.

I suggest you to try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Cortana & Search settings.
    • Slide the slider to On in Hey Cortana.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 14, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

Cortana and Microphone

Cortana not istening to microphone.

Yes, works there too. I think I got stuck with a deaf Cortana. I thought I was the only one here.

CountMike, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Cortana and Microphone

1. Cortana and Microphone - Similar Threads - Cortana Microphone

2. None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana

in Cortana
    None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana: I have a PC I built, and none of my microphones are working with Cortana. I have a headset with a mic, the webcam has a mic, and even a separate microphone. How come none of them shows up when I try to activate Cortana? Please help....
  3. None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana: I have a PC I built, and none of my microphones are working with Cortana. I have a headset with a mic, the webcam has a mic, and even a separate microphone. How come none of them shows up when I try to activate Cortana? Please help....
  4. None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me: When I activate Cortana keyword permission it plays what my microphone is hearing back to me. I'm using windows 11 version 22H2.These pictures are in danishMy settings look like this when the problem occurs:and like this when the problem doesn't occur:But I want to keep the...
  6. How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me

How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me: When I activate Cortana keyword permission it plays what my microphone is hearing back to me. I'm using windows 11 version 22H2.These pictures are in danishMy settings look like this when the problem occurs:and like this when the problem doesn't occur:But I want to keep the...
  7. Why does my audio become muffled when I turn on microphone on Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my audio become muffled when I turn on microphone on Cortana?: If I go to my mic settings and activate Cortana voice activation all my audio from music and whatnot becomes muffled and choppy like I am listening to it through a call or something....
  8. Why does my audio become muffled when I turn on microphone on Cortana?

Why does my audio become muffled when I turn on microphone on Cortana?: If I go to my mic settings and activate Cortana voice activation all my audio from music and whatnot becomes muffled and choppy like I am listening to it through a call or something....
  9. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?: How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-give-command-to-cortana-without-clicking/256a75b2-1209-4ef6-8cdb-9c64d2947bf6
  10. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?: How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-give-command-to-cortana-without-clicking/256a75b2-1209-4ef6-8cdb-9c64d2947bf6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up a microphone for cortana

2. cortana cannot access microphone