Windows 10: Cortana and microsoft account

Discus and support Cortana and microsoft account in Cortana to solve the problem; When i open cortana it tells me to sign in with my microsoft account,i pick sign in and choose my account,it then shows a blank screen and the screen... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JosephDzanja, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Cortana and microsoft account

When i open cortana it tells me to sign in with my microsoft account,i pick sign in and choose my account,it then shows a blank screen and the screen vanishes after a few seconds.i open cortana and it still tells me to sign in.

:)

JosephDzanja, Aug 30, 2019

2. Unable to use Cortana after signing into Microsoft Account

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account or a Local Account.

I would like to inform that, if you are using a Local account, you will not be able to use Cortana. Cortana can be accessed only if the Microsoft Account is used as a User account. So, I suggest you to change the user account to a Microsoft account by following
    the steps below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.

• Follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Cortana can't connect to Microsoft account

Hello Will,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Window 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue

• Type Cortana in the search bar present on the task barselect
      Settings from the hamburger and then slide
      Cortana switch to
      Off.
    • Convert the Microsoft account to a Local account and back to Microsoft account.

To convert the account, you can do the following

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10 Technical Preview.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.

• Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

In order to switch back, follow these steps

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

• Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

• Click Switch.
    • Type Cortana in the search bar present on the task barselect
      Settings from the hamburger and then slide
      Cortana switch to
      On.
    Hope the above information is useful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 30, 2019
  4. cw84 Win User

Cortana and microsoft account

Cannot sign in to Microsoft Account (Cortana) using Win10

I've just upgraded to Win10, and I am trying to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to use Cortana, however I am caught in a loop and it won't accept my credentials.

The credentials are definitely right, verified by accessing the Microsoft account via https://account.microsoft.com. Also, if I type my credentials incorrectly when trying to sign in on my PC I am told the credentials are wrong - therefore I can be certain that the authentication process is taking place.

Steps are as follows:

• Start
    • Type "Your Account"
    • Enter
    • Scroll down on the Setting window
    • "Add a Microsoft account"
    • Enter email and password (for Microsoft account)
    • Sign in

Nothing happens. I am returned to the previous screen and not logged in.

The same is true when I place my cursor in the bottom left hand corner search bar. I am asked to sign in to be able to use Cortana, the dialogues about getting you to sign in just go round in a loop after I've entered my credentials.

Thema:

Cortana and microsoft account

1. Cortana and microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cortana microsoft account

2. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account: After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different AccountHere is a list of the things I have tried.* I have created new Local Account in Settings/Accounts and tried logging into...
  3. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account: After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different AccountHere is a list of the things I have tried.* I have created new Local Account in Settings/Accounts and tried logging into...
  4. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

in Cortana
  5. Microsoft Cortana

Microsoft Cortana: Hello Microsoft Co. I use Cortana and I like this assistant.But I have a problem.In old version, when I said "Cortana, shut down this Pc", this command worked, but in Windows 20H2 it isn't work.Please, fix it.[ATTACH]...
  6. can't sign in to my microsoft account through cortana

in Cortana
    can't sign in to my microsoft account through cortana: [ATTACH]why this message keeps appearing despite I am 19 years old ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-to-my-microsoft-account-through/09b87dfd-9e30-470f-ac48-dd5d02d48b76
  7. Is microsoft killing cortana

Is microsoft killing cortana: Is Microsoft killing Cortana because I saw a news article that it is so is it true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-killing-cortana/38cb7a9c-359f-433b-a3d5-cf3fe1e5b5db
  8. Help! Cortana Microsoft account changed windows login!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help! Cortana Microsoft account changed windows login!: Can anyone please advise me? I enabled cortana on my fathers windows 10 install, which required the creation of a Microsoft user account. I created a new Microsoft user account linked to my fathers email address for this^ purpose, and recorded the password in a...
  9. Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!

Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!: Hello, Could someone help me please. I'm trying to setup Cortana and have been doing for some time now. I've fixed the issues regarding "Not Available in your Country / Region" by setting all my settings to UK and made sure they're all the same. NOW MY ISSUE is that...
  10. Microsoft Cortana

Microsoft Cortana: Microsoft Cortana waiting in the wings, as well as Microsoft Cloud Experience Host. [img] Cortana only opens the Bing Search App for now, which is associated with the search icon on the taskbar. [img] The Microsoft Cloud Experience Host is an invalid link for...