Windows 10: Cortana and nest

Discus and support Cortana and nest in Cortana to solve the problem; So Cortana works with Nest thermostat, but not Nest Hello video doorbell?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SST71, Nov 12, 2019.

1. SST71 Win User

Cortana and nest

So Cortana works with Nest thermostat, but not Nest Hello video doorbell?

:)

SST71, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Voyagr12 Win User

Cortana and Nest

I am attempting to connect Cortana with Nest and running into difficulty. I go to the Connected Home. I turn it on, sign in. I click on Nest. I enter my Nest credentials and click Allow. I then get booted back to the Connected Home screen and nothing
    happens. The Nest option still says tap to connect. Cant imagine I am doing anything wrong.. as the steps are straight forward and simple. The only thing I can think of is that my two step verification on my MS account is somehow interfering. Could this
    be the case?

Voyagr12, Nov 12, 2019
  3. connecting Cortana and Nest

I tried to connect Cortana and Nest but failed. I performed the steps according to the instruction and went to the Connected Home and signed in there. Then I clicked on Nest, entered my Nest credentials and tapped Allow. But
    then when I get back to the Connected Home, Next required that I would connect.

What’s the matter?

HughBarringer, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Cortana and nest

Cortana and Nest

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to check this thread by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP]
    on ‘Cannot Connect
    Cortana to Nest
    ’ and check if it works out for you.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Cortana and nest

1. Cortana and nest - Similar Threads - Cortana nest

2. why is new version of windows minimizing m background and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    why is new version of windows minimizing m background and cortana: hello i today upgraded to windows 10 newest version. And right now it leaves blank spaces around my background: [img] which is weird because in last version picture fitted perfectly and it has this Cortana feature which i cant even use because im in Latvia 167477
  3. Voice Activation in Cortana

in Cortana
    Voice Activation in Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-activation-in-cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  4. Cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  5. Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings

in Cortana
    Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings: Cortana for some reason opens a dialog asking me to select control panel, mail, or settings when I say open mail. Very strange when selecting mail, it opens control panel and when selecting control panel it still opens control panel. This a brand new laptop with the latest...
  6. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  7. Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager: Randomly happens every couple of weeks. I suddenly can't click anything. I can't even close any window that's open. I have to press ctrl-alt-dlt, and use my arrow keys to go to Cortana (since I can't click or scroll anything) and kill it. Another issue is that I also can't...
  8. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM: Hi, Windows 10 64-bit 2004 I'm seeing the following errors in Event Viewer. I have disabled Cortana via gpedit but that does not help. However, that did not help either. Already tried. 1. SFC /scannow 2. DISM 3. Delete "TileDataLayer" folder 4. Get-AppXPackage...
  9. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana voice activation: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home, no voice activation for Cortana, how do I upgrade to that version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-voice-activation/99ca1c46-d378-4fb2-8f00-25c549503ede
  10. connecting Cortana and Nest

in Cortana
    connecting Cortana and Nest: I tried to connect Cortana and Nest but failed. I performed the steps according to the instruction and went to the Connected Home and signed in there. Then I clicked on Nest, entered my Nest credentials and tapped Allow. But then when I get back to the Connected Home, Next...