Windows 10: Cortana and reminders

Discus and support Cortana and reminders in Cortana to solve the problem; I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by pat w28, Nov 20, 2019.

1. pat w28 Win User

Cortana and reminders

I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so good anymore, and have been doing this for years, but I no longer have the ability. Is there any way to re-enable Cortana through the search bar? when I try to set a reminder the way I always have it simply launches a web search instead of activating Cortana (the way the current documentation says it is supposed to do).

:)

pat w28, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Cortana reminders

Hi,

There are two ways to remove Cortana Reminders on your computer.

Kindly follow the steps o how to delete Reminders.

• Launch Cortana from the list of applications.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Select Reminders.
    • To delete reminders, click the check the box that says Complete and move to History or click the
      Trash bin icon to delete

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Cannot reactivate Completed Cortana Reminders in Windows 10

Hi Adrian,

Cortana is your digital agent that will help you doing your daily tasks. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage
    Cortana Reminders:

• Open Cortana, then click the hamburger button and select
      Reminders on your phone or click Notebook and select
      Reminders on your Windows 10 PC.
    • You'll find all your reminders sorted by date, click on it and modify according to your preference.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Nov 20, 2019
  4. K7AAY Win User

Cortana and reminders

See all reminders in Windows 10

As suggested in Microsoft's post "Get reminders from Cortana", open the Cortana window and choose Notebook > Reminders for that list.

K7AAY, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Cortana and reminders

1. Cortana and reminders - Similar Threads - Cortana reminders

2. Cortana cannot set reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot set reminders: I tried asking cortana to set reminders but Cortana says I'm sorry but I can't help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cannot-set-reminders/7456c9e7-f99f-4ef3-beec-8064d3ce91ac
  3. Cortana doesn't set reminders/alarms open apps

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't set reminders/alarms open apps: I bought my laptop recently. At first, when I used the old version of Win10 which came along defaultly, Cortana worked fine. However, as I updated Windows the next day, it just stopped doing some of the things such as: setting alarms/reminders, opening apps,...
  4. I'm still getting daily reminders from Cortana even after removing the task from the To Do...

in Cortana
    I'm still getting daily reminders from Cortana even after removing the task from the To Do...: I created a couple of daily reminders with Cortana in a previous version of Windows before they reassigned reminders to the To Do app and I can't figure out how to stop it. I've removed the reminders from the To Do app but I still get reminder notifications from Cortana every...
  5. Cortana / Microsoft To Do reminders won't display reminder on screen

in Cortana
    Cortana / Microsoft To Do reminders won't display reminder on screen: I've used Cortana for a long time as a reminder app without issue. Since Cortana reminders have been associated with/rolled into Microsoft To Do, I can't get the reminder to actually show up on screen in some sort of dialog box. I can set up and edit the reminder just fine....
  6. Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away

in Cortana
    Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away: I told Cortana to "Remind me to do X every day at Y". She faithfully did so for a month or so at which point I no longer needed her to remind me. I proceeded to delete the reminder from Microsoft To Do, yet every day she continues to remind me on my computer. The reminder...
  7. Cortana Reminder Service Cancelled

in Cortana
    Cortana Reminder Service Cancelled: Why has Microsoft chosen to cancel the cross-platform reminders feature of Cortana? Whatever idiot made that decision should be fired. I found that feature extremely helpful and used it all the time on Windows and Android devices. It was especially useful that I could set a...
  8. cortana doesn't remind my anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana doesn't remind my anymore: Cortana lists my reminders, but doesn't actually remind me when the time comes. Miss a lot of things because of this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-remind-my-anymore/680d2d04-698c-4a35-89ea-2e668cacee04
  9. Cortana can't make a reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana can't make a reminder: Hi, I spend most of my time on my Windows PC, so I used Cortana many times before for basic tasks like a reminder, unit conversion, world time, etc... after the new Cortana's change cannot be considered as an update in the windows 2004 version, I was not able to activate...
  10. Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results

in Cortana
    Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results: Hi. I am using windows 10 pro version 2004. the new cortana can't do anything . even when I click on its suggestions it will say : sorry, I can't undrestand that or searchs bing and show me the search results. I fully removed windows and installed it again, but cortana...