Windows 10: Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months

Discus and support Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months and everything you are told to do DOES NOT WORK, getting any support from Microsoft doesn't EXSIST... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Troy_071, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Troy_071 Win User

Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months

Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months and everything you are told to do DOES NOT WORK, getting any support from Microsoft doesn't EXSIST

:)

Troy_071, Jul 21, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months - Similar Threads - Cortana 'search box'

2. Why the search box and cortana is not working?

in Cortana
    Why the search box and cortana is not working?: The problem is occurred whenever I click on search box to write anything .It doesn't do any operation. And I click on cortana it shows the talk to cortana but it does not display anything to talk .This is the problem. I tried so many things but no one is not work. please help...
  3. Search Box not working and Cortana is missing

in Cortana
    Search Box not working and Cortana is missing: My search boxes do not work in Windows 10. I think I caused it by deleting Cortana. I went to the Microsoft Store to try and install the app but all I get after the install is a window that says "Thank for your interest" I saw on a previous post a way to reinstall Cortana...
  4. Cortana search box disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box disappeared: I went for a factory reset and now cortana search box is missing from taskbar. How do I enable it again. Normal box is still there but the one with cortana logo is not present anymore....
  5. Cortana search box is missing

in Cortana
    Cortana search box is missing: [ATTACH] Cortana search box is missing in task bar. I need to open application via voice commands and this is only way I found it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-box-is-missing/f7b7f9ae-b296-4e2e-91e9-f3672db8ba47
  6. Search/Cortana Dialog Box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search/Cortana Dialog Box not working: Found that my search dialog box was answering all search requests as 'No results found', after any, and all search requests typed in search box, lower left of display. After much troubleshooting for a nonfunctioning search/Cortana nonfunctioning... ie Restart Computer,...
  7. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  8. Search Box/Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Search Box/Cortana not working: Hi microsoft. My laptop's search box/cortana isn't working. It doesn't show any search results. I already tried troubleshooting the search and indexing only to no avail. Please help...
  9. Search box in Cortana inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box in Cortana inactive: When I try to use the Cortana search box it tells me "I've lost access to your account please sign in" but the sign in the bar at the bottom is inactive. I cannot type in the search bar. This is new as I have been having problems of all the icons freezing requiring me to do...
  10. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998