Windows 10: cortana and start icon

Discus and support cortana and start icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get the start icon and cortana to search for me. If I left click on the start icon nothing happens. If I right click I get a black box with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by darlenelong, Sep 8, 2018.

1. darlenelong Win User

cortana and start icon

I can't get the start icon and cortana to search for me. If I left click on the start icon nothing happens. If I right click I get a black box with choices, but I can't get apps and features to come up. I can't get anything to type in the cortana search box.

:)

darlenelong, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Biswajit samal Win User
    Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

cortana and start icon

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

cortana and start icon

1. cortana and start icon - Similar Threads - cortana start icon

2. start icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start icon: somehow ive changed my start menu from a traditional PC start menu to an app style start menu - i can't figure out how to turn it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-icon/5219ecbf-3714-491c-8604-b93692357f0a
  3. Start Menu and Cortana Not Working

Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: So for the past couple of months I've been dealing with this issue. I managed to fix a couple of other issues with my computer, mainly wifi driver issues but I still can't open up my start menu or cortana. Another Issue I have are daily blue screens from driver failure fslx....
  4. Small taskbar icons and Cortana search

Small taskbar icons and Cortana search: Hey guys *Smile Have a question! When using “small taskbar icons” is their a way to show the cortana search bar? Thanks, greatly appreciated! 105387
  5. start menu is not working and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu is not working and cortana: suddenly my start menu and cortana is not working please help fast 33252
  6. Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons: I have slowly been fixing the issues I have run into with the Windows 10 upgrade, but I have one issue that continues to persist. The Metro text and icons in the Start Menu, Cortana, Notifications, etc become corrupt. [img] (Just starting to become corrupt) [img]...
  7. Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] So apparently after a recent "update" (let it be known I don't like the Win 10 lack of update control) The Start opens slowly (click once and wait 2 seconds), Search (Magnifying Glass) does not launch and Cortana from the Menu...
  8. No Start No Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start No Cortana: No start & No cortana and a whole lot more missing in Win10 10240 Pro Insider. Program after program is not "connected" or "linked". I have done many "iso" but still the "banner headline" CRITICAL ERROR.... we'll try and fix the next time you sign in. This sorry saga began...
  9. Cortana and Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu Not Working: After the most recent Windows Update, the Start Menu and Cortana stopped working. You can't type in the search bar and can't click on anything in the Start Menu. This is Windows 10 on a Dell XPS that was originally Windows 7. I tried a bunch of things and when I did a sfc...
  10. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...