Windows 10: cortana and start icon

Discus and support cortana and start icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get the start icon and cortana to search for me. If I left click on the start icon nothing happens. If I right click I get a black box with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by darlenelong, Sep 8, 2018.

1. cortana and start icon

I can't get the start icon and cortana to search for me. If I left click on the start icon nothing happens. If I right click I get a black box with choices, but I can't get apps and features to come up. I can't get anything to type in the cortana search box.

:)

darlenelong, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

cortana and start icon

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

cortana and start icon

1. cortana and start icon - Similar Threads - cortana start icon

2. windows start icon and cortana don't work

in Cortana
    windows start icon and cortana don't work: the windows start icon and cortana have stopped working, don't respond to mouse click . Windows automatic trouble shooter from microsoft store says there's a hanging app. Don't know which and don't know if it's causing the problem....
  3. there is no notebook icon for cortana

in Cortana
    there is no notebook icon for cortana: so, I have been using cortana before and I can control my music through her. I have done a reset on my pc and after that, cortana can't control my music. notebook icon is missing and I have updated the app and still no notebook and no control on my music. please help, I am...
  4. Cortana Icons

in Cortana
    Cortana Icons: When I try seaching anything on the cortana seach bar it shows this type of icon. I tried resetting the icon cache but it didn't work. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-icons/c91fdf9f-c77f-42be-9f2c-b4b9b4adf574
  5. Cortana icon

in Cortana
    Cortana icon: i cannot find my cortana and the white round icon .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-icon/0f5dbd7f-778a-4949-bf64-662adb9bdd40"
  6. cortana and start

in Cortana
    cortana and start: hi since my last update from windows I am unable to use the start and cortana , has anyone else had this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-start/26ec6a2c-5f18-4f65-838c-efd597f926b5"
  7. CORTANA START.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CORTANA START.: cORTANA ICONS ARE PERMANENTLY ON MY desktop and I cannot get my internet ones on. I want Cortana to go back to her original default start up statethat is everything comes up when I press start. I cannot find the icons and terms as per all the help pages. I am 60 years old and...
  8. Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons: I have slowly been fixing the issues I have run into with the Windows 10 upgrade, but I have one issue that continues to persist. The Metro text and icons in the Start Menu, Cortana, Notifications, etc become corrupt. [img] (Just starting to become corrupt) [img]...
  9. No Start No Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start No Cortana: No start & No cortana and a whole lot more missing in Win10 10240 Pro Insider. Program after program is not "connected" or "linked". I have done many "iso" but still the "banner headline" CRITICAL ERROR.... we'll try and fix the next time you sign in. This sorry saga began...
  10. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing happens when I click cortana box or start icon