Windows 10: Cortana and task bar

Discus and support Cortana and task bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by fishstick90, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Cortana and task bar

I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen, for example, if I want to scroll the the right or left, the task bar pops up and freezes in place so that I can no longer see what is on the bottom of the screen. I have the task bar setting so that the task bar is not supposed to freeze. I've discovered that it seems to be caused by Cortana. If I click on the Cortana button and then back on to my screen, the task bar will then go away. I tried hiding the Cortana button, but the task bar was still freezing and then I had to unhide Cortana so that I could click on it so that the task bar would go away and I could see the bottom of my screen. Moving the task bar to the side has not helped because it just freezes in place there and I can't see the side of my screen. I've tried shutting everything off related to Cortana in the settings, but nothing is helping. Short of completely removing Cortana via the registry I'm not sure what else to try. Can someone help because it is getting really annoying to have to click on Cortana and then back on the screen every time I want to unfreeze the task bar. Thanks.

:)

fishstick90, Jan 13, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 13, 2020
  3. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 13, 2020
  4. lucille15 Win User

Cortana and task bar

Cortana - Search and Task Bar

I have the same problems witch Task Bar, Cortana, Search Bar as other users, who wrote before me.

Is this going to be fixed by Microsoft, or we have to try all kind of suggestions from professionals?

I don't have access to any initial applications supplied with Windows 10. Task bar doesn't open.

Cortana is there only in a name. Cortana bar with Search don't respond. I badly need some of applications

originally present with Windows 10.

Tell me what to do in clear, simple instructions, please?

Thank You - Alexandra Mankiewicz - L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

lucille15, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Cortana and task bar

1. Cortana and task bar - Similar Threads - Cortana task bar

2. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Cortana
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  3. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  4. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  6. Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

in Cortana
    Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search: Cortana task bar box will not generate a search. I have windows 10 * Moved from MSN * Original title: Cortana problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem-cortana-task-bar-box-will-not/188ac747-0f46-4154-9f7c-9d66fc3855b5
  7. Trouble with Cortana/Task Bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with Cortana/Task Bar?: Hello Hello, Im having trouble with this bug, at first I thought it only was the cortana bar, but right now i've been checking other programs and it seems that it's happening to everything related to windows, even when I open the configuration menu, it wont let me choose...
  8. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Cortana
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. How to I attach the cbs.log on here?...
  9. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. I was going to attach it but the size limit is 2mb, and my log is 8mb. What should I do?...
  10. Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar: My system recently updated to Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.195 and the hide Cortana from the taskbar seems to no longer be available. [ATTACH] Anyone know how to hide the Cortana button from the taskbar?...