Windows 10: Cortana and Xbox running

Discus and support Cortana and Xbox running in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In System Explorer I have found Cortana and Xbox running when they are off. I've noticed in certain areas of my computer it thinks I'm an Enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vickyl71, Jan 17, 2022.

1. vickyl71 Win User

Cortana and Xbox running

In System Explorer I have found Cortana and Xbox running when they are off. I've noticed in certain areas of my computer it thinks I'm an Enterprise and I am not. This is one of the examples of that. I'm looking for how to find who is accessing this remotely since it was running, I think via Ad Hoc. And how would I find the Ad Hoc settings on my pc? I noticed today in a Users\Default\ AppData\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\DefaultLayouts.xml user account some type of xml. I put a portion of a row of "x" for parts I deleted in case I would be disclosing private information. StartLayout GroupCel

:)

vickyl71, Jan 17, 2022
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Cortana and Xbox running

Xbox Now Connects with Cortana and Alexa Enabled Devices Xbox

Source: Expanding Xbox Voice Commands to Hundreds of Millions of Smart Devices: Xbox Now Connects with Cortana and Alexa-Enabled Devices - Xbox Wire

Brink, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Cortana and Xbox running

1. Cortana and Xbox running - Similar Threads - Cortana Xbox running

2. Cortana and Xbox running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Xbox running: In System Explorer I have found Cortana and Xbox running when they are off. I've noticed in certain areas of my computer it thinks I'm an Enterprise and I am not. This is one of the examples of that. I'm looking for how to find who is accessing this remotely since it was...
  3. Cortana and Xbox running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cortana and Xbox running: In System Explorer I have found Cortana and Xbox running when they are off. I've noticed in certain areas of my computer it thinks I'm an Enterprise and I am not. This is one of the examples of that. I'm looking for how to find who is accessing this remotely since it was...
  4. Cortana running in background

in Cortana
    Cortana running in background: Hey there!!! So i have been using windows 10 for a while now. Recently i noticed that whenever i speak anything close to my microphonewhich i always keep inserted in my CPU's jack the mic icon pops up in the taskbar on the bottom right. Which certainly means that the...
  5. What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?

in Cortana
    What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?: I am trying to figure out Cortana's purpose and if I can block it. I saw another post from 2017 with the same parent concern and the question had been moved to "Surface". I searched "Surface" and it's not there either. SO, this is a big mystery. If I block Cortana, will...
  6. Cortana can't connect to Xbox in Notebook

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to Xbox in Notebook: Under connected home I can't connect my xbox. Doesn't work on PC or Mobile. PC [ATTACH] Mobile[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-connect-to-xbox-in-notebook/a9d10b1a-bdd7-4ae1-b888-63d7951ea0d1"
  7. Cortana on Invoke Speaker refuses to turn on Xbox, but will do anything else on Xbox if it...

in Cortana
    Cortana on Invoke Speaker refuses to turn on Xbox, but will do anything else on Xbox if it...: . After seeing Xbox advertising works with Alexa on my screen, I was gifted a Harmon Kardon Invoke speaker with Cortana, and I bought one. With the Xbox off, if I say "Hey, Cortana turn on the Xbox." I get a varied and sundry list of "OK." then, "I'm still working on it."...
  8. Cortana runs in background after being disabled

Cortana runs in background after being disabled: I have already turned off Cortana and her ability to 'get to know me' in the settings. I go to task manager and Cortana still shows up. while using 3% or memory(a large chunk compared to what is being used when nothing is open), i end her process. After a second or two,...
  9. Cortana will not open, run and search

Cortana will not open, run and search: When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this? 57654
  10. Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?: Hi there I have disabled Cortana but it still runs in the background. [img] Anyone know why ? and can it be disabled completely ? zoo 24943