Windows 10: Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How...

Discus and support Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How... in Cortana to solve the problem; I don't know how to change Cortana default search engine and Cortana default browser. Is there a way to do this, or am I going to be forced to become a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RobertGleeman, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How...

I don't know how to change Cortana default search engine and Cortana default browser. Is there a way to do this, or am I going to be forced to become a switch hitter?

:)

RobertGleeman, Nov 25, 2018

2. Get Cortana to default to Chrome and Google for web and searching

Hello,

Thank you for your reply however I don't believe it was sufficient to answer my question. In my original question I stated I have already set Google Chrome to be my default web browser and that I was specifically looking to set Cortana up to use by default
    not only the Google search tool on the web but also Google Chrome to access that web search tool. Your answer seems to only tell me what I have already done that being setting up Google Chrome as my default web browser which Cortana still ignores whenever
    I use Cortana and it has to do a search that requires the Internet it automatically goes back to opening up any of the Microsoft negatively installed web browsers and completely ignores that I have set the windows default web browser to be chrome. So your
    answer was only telling me how to set the default web browser for windows and not answered at all was how to set Cortana to use Google search and Google Chrome and completely and totally ignore the Microsoft natively installed web browsers. Is there a way
    to access any options for Cortana to tell it what to use?

Suncerely,

Wonder Woman

Princess Wonder Woman, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Get Cortana to default to Chrome and Google for web and searching

I am seeking to switch Cortana's default search to be Google instead of Bing. I am also seeking to switch Cortana's default browser from Edge or Internet Explorer to Chrome. I have been able to set Chrome as my default browser on Windows 10 but Cortana's
    a whole different control set from Windows 10. There are no as in not any - zip, zilch, zero control options available on Windows 10 for Cortana anywhere. This is horrible.

I am a computer help desk analyst by trade and even I cannot figure this out. I would be tempted (but I am strong so I am resisting the temptation nicely) to dive into RegEdit and gut anything referencing "Bing" or "Edge" or "IE" within the folder hierarchy
    for Cortana in RegEdit but I suspect strongly that would put me in a realm of a whole lotta hurt forcing me to reinstall everything. Don't want to do that.

Does anyone have any way to change this? Or is the sucky reality that MS has programmed Cortana to force Bing and Edge and IE down our throats until we vomit?

I should mention that I have reviewed lots of articles on the web and even on this forum indicating that the answer is "too bad/no can do" but all of those replies and discussions are really old.

Thank you,

Wonder Woman

Princess Wonder Woman, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How...

Can we set google as default search provider for CORTANA instead of Bing?

Taken from: How to force Cortana to use Google instead of Bing in Windows 10

The trick is to
    set Chrome as your default web browser
    and then
    install the free Chrometana extension
    When Cortana performs a web search using Bing, the add-on will redirect the search to Google instead. It’s seamless and works very well. As a side note, the extension redirects all Bing searches in Chrome, not just Cortana ones.
    Chrometana doesn’t only offer Google as a search choice. You can set it to use Yahoo or DuckDuckGo if you prefer.
    This trick only works if you have Chrome set as your default web browser. Mozilla is working on its own implementation so future versions of Firefox will automatically redirect Cortana searches to your preferred search engine.

Name is secret, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How...

1. Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How... - Similar Threads - Cortana answers always

2. google chrome default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome default program: Hello.I notice that when choose for example google chrome as the default browser when reopen settings is unmarked.Is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-default-program/770337ee-d87b-451c-86bf-87bb7c49a36d
  3. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  5. Google Chrome - Always Blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome - Always Blocked: In Microsoft Family Setting, under "Content Restrictions", Google Chrome was originally part of the list of "Always Blocked". It has been removed. How do I get Google Chrome back on the list?...
  6. Confused at the default brower

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confused at the default brower: When I try to Google anything via Cortana, it always opens up MS Edge, even though it knows the default browser is Google Chrome. Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  8. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results...
  9. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  10. Cannot Invoke Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Invoke Cortana: System: ASUS M32CD 64-bit, Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz,, 4 Cores, 8 GB DRAM, 4 TB Harddrive OS: Windows 10 Home, V 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (factory installed, updates up to date) Despite a mention of Cortana here and there, I can't make it run. My screen never quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locate bing brower this computer