Windows 10: Cortana app missing

Discus and support Cortana app missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Edition.....Windows 10 Home Version......1909 OS Build........18363.657 Dell Desktop Recently noticed that Cortana app is missing from my app list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JC-H, Feb 18, 2020.

1. JC-H Win User

Cortana app missing

Edition.....Windows 10 Home

Version......1909

OS Build........18363.657

Dell Desktop

Recently noticed that Cortana app is missing from my app list not sure when it happened.

Want to reinstall the app. Cannot find it in Microsoft store.

Tried Powershell administrator Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Cortana Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”}

And

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Windows.Cortana Foreach{Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”}

Neither operation worked. What to do now?

Also my language and region are set correctly.

:)

2. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Cortana missing in notifications and actions

Actually the Facebook app is also missing from this list too, it's on the other PC list but not on here. Strange. I'm not really caring much about Facebook but I am very puzzled why cortana is missing.

seems the whole 'get notifications from these senders' is badly executed by MS judging from some stuff I found. Here's a thread about duplicate entries or entrus relating to uninstalled stuff, the fix has nasty side effects possibly breaking live tiles so I won't be touching that. Suspect the missing cortana entry from my list is part of the same type of problem with the notifications.

Microsoft Community

Scottyboy99, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Cortana app missing

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Cortana app missing

1. Cortana app missing - Similar Threads - Cortana app missing

2. cortana - Notebook missing

in Cortana
    cortana - Notebook missing: Welp, I've been running windows for some years. Yes I have tried Making sure my time zone/date/location etc lines up. I have tried everything I could think of, plus some, as well as every stupid and obvious thing the internet could think of!To be honest, at this point, I...
  3. Cortana Missing

in Cortana
    Cortana Missing: My Laptop Cortana is missing any ideas pls ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-missing/92d293bb-d5d4-4441-91f0-42d69425d6d9
  4. files are missing in cortana app

in Cortana
    files are missing in cortana app: problems connecting cortana to the geeni app * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-missing-in-cortana-app/d5d73661-8f31-40af-a48b-7360a99fba86
  5. Missing Cortana

in Cortana
    Missing Cortana: My PC restarted itself without telling me and then it took time to reboot to my desktop. Now what i dont see is cortona button missing. I am sure windows have done something to this. How can i get that button back?...
  6. Cortana is missing!

in Cortana
    Cortana is missing!: Previously I was using a windows pirated version, now I have upgraded to a genuine version. Now I am trying to access cortana on my new OS, but I am unable to do so. The icon is missing and I tried right clicking on an empty taskbar, still I couldn't find any option. Please...
  7. Cortana folder is missing

in Cortana
    Cortana folder is missing: Hello everyone, my name is Mathieu and i got this issue that i cant use cortana anymore. When im trying to do a little search with my search bar cortana open for a second and then suddently close in my face. I tried with the windows icon and its the same thing. Im sick of...
  8. cortana not fully working and missing apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana not fully working and missing apps: i have just bought a new lap top for my daughter and have set myself up as administrator and her as a child. initially cortana had the search box with the mic in it now this has disappeared, cortana is also missing from the start menu. when i go into the cortana settings...
  9. cortana is missing

in Cortana
    cortana is missing: i cannot find cortana anywhere on my system at all, so i can not activate her. can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-missing/39068d54-b536-49ca-82d3-9ae49a166640"
  10. Cortana is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is missing: I don't have the icon for Cortana When I right click on the task bar I do not see the option for Cortana so I am unable to turn the icon on Searching settings doesn't help How do I turn Cortana on? I am using 1903 18323.1 126232

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt my cortana show up in apps