Windows 10: cortana apparently needs microphone icon in task bar. How do I do this in windows 10

Discus and support cortana apparently needs microphone icon in task bar. How do I do this in windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana cant hear me. Microphone works just fine. Been over cortana set up a hundred times then noticed in one info bar that cloud service must be... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MichaelRadcliffe, Jun 28, 2019.

1. cortana apparently needs microphone icon in task bar. How do I do this in windows 10

Cortana cant hear me. Microphone works just fine. Been over cortana set up a hundred times then noticed in one info bar that cloud service must be enabled...did that. then noticed that apparently microphone must have icon in task bar but cant manage to do that. The microphone icon is in cortana window....is that the same thing? Is it possible to delete cortana and download it again? If so this might be the easiest way to get her back. I don't know why she lost her voice and/or ears in the first place

:)

MichaelRadcliffe, Jun 28, 2019

2. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 28, 2019
  4. cortana apparently needs microphone icon in task bar. How do I do this in windows 10

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

cortana apparently needs microphone icon in task bar. How do I do this in windows 10

1. cortana apparently needs microphone icon in task bar. How do I do this in windows 10 - Similar Threads - cortana apparently needs

2. How do I customize my task bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I customize my task bar in windows 10?: I want to add items to my task bar that will stay there until I delete them. I am running Windows 10. I know very little about the computer besides the basics....
  3. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Cortana
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  4. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  5. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how do I place the Calendar icon on the task bar in Windows 10

how do I place the Calendar icon on the task bar in Windows 10: how do I place the Calendar icon on the Windows 10 taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-place-the-calendar-icon-on-the-task-bar/bd7f2ecd-db5f-43b6-95e6-2f100f3d37f9
  7. how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10

how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10: how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-icons-from-the-task-bar-to-the/bf78d038-af15-4d71-bc10-d89e6cbb8bf1
  8. how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar

how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar: The address box just showed up and I don't care to have it. It is the address box on the bottom right of the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-address-bar-in-the-windows/d816f1d0-e0d7-4d41-93ee-f35c837d39f8
  9. How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?

How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?: First of all, why is there a click-on in the display section on the computer to make the icons smaller, but when one goes to find out how to make them larger one gets directed to an article on the subject, as if I want to read an article on how to make icons larger. I simply...
  10. How do you get printer icon on to task Bar?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you get printer icon on to task Bar?: How do you get printer icon on to task Bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-you-get-printer-icon-on-to-task-bar/fe7644a2-5975-490b-9287-22509f18b3e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana mic icon is missing

2. need help to locate the mirophone i con is missing from the task bar

3. microphone icon for cortrena has disappeared after download

4. where did cortanas microphone go from the taskbar