Windows 10: Cortana assistance on browser

Discus and support Cortana assistance on browser in Cortana to solve the problem; You know how on mobile phones if you ask the assistant a question they open the browser for you? I am trying to do the same for my windows 10 edge... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AhmedMostafa-2409, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Cortana assistance on browser

You know how on mobile phones if you ask the assistant a question they open the browser for you? I am trying to do the same for my windows 10 edge browser. The advanced settings is removed and I cannot find "Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge" settings anymore. Is it no longer possible to make cortana browse on edge? If it is possible I would like to know how. {I am using the latest update of Win10 and MS Edge}

:)

AhmedMostafa-2409, Jun 3, 2021

2. Cortana Browser

Hi,

To change Cortana's browser, follow the steps below:

• In the Search bar, type Default Programs.
    • Click Default Programs.
    • Scroll down until you find Web browser.
    • Click Internet Explorer.
    • Change the default Web browser to your preference.
    Please take note that Cortana only works on Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Turn on Cortana assist on Microsoft edge browser.

Hi Sandip,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Office Community.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

This issue could occur due to corrupted, outdated or incorrect settings on Cortana and Microsoft Edge browser.

• Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?
    • What happens, when you try to turn on Cortana Assist? Do you get any error message?

Let’s follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

Let's follow these steps to turn on Cortana Assist me on Microsoft Edge:

a. Open Ege.
    b. Click on 3 dots.
    c. Click on Settings.
    d. Select View advanced settings.

e. Turn on Cortana Assist me in Microsoft Edge.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, let’s try to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and refer the link below:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, refer to the suggestions of AmritaBhattacharjee1709, replied on September 13, 2015, to fix your issue with Cortana and Microsoft edge bowser.

Location won't turn on

For further assistance, refer to the link below and check, if it helps.

Switch Cortana on or off:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Cortana assistance on browser

New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.1.2.2437 for Android Jan. 16

Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rosoft.cortana

Cortana assistance on browser [​IMG]
    Tip Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

Brink, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Cortana assistance on browser

1. Cortana assistance on browser - Similar Threads - Cortana assistance browser

2. Browser Assistant Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Assistant Trojan: Believe that I've managed to remove the Browser Assistant Trojan but have been left with a Windows Installer message at start up, This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exist and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to...
  3. how to delete cortana assistant chat

in Cortana
    how to delete cortana assistant chat: Help my cortana is glitched so i need to know how to delete chat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-cortana-assistant-chat/e8b1d97f-8498-4c82-8243-a9a6b4a2986d
  4. browser assistant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    browser assistant: I am getting browser assistant threat when I do a defender scan. I removed it once and got it back. what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/browser-assistant/3c1be15b-4852-4dd7-98a2-7de7a1a1fba1
  5. Cortana assistant English/Russian

in Cortana
    Cortana assistant English/Russian: When does Cortana will be available for Russia? It has been already 7 years, and there's still no hope from you, that it will appear any time soon. Could you at least, make Cortana English version working on Russian locale or something like that? Cortana declines to work on...
  6. windows "personal" assistant cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows "personal" assistant cortana: [ATTACH] Why is cortana like this? Literally it tries to search on bing for every single question!! https://preview.redd.it/ptejk0o32x561.png?width=405&format=png&auto=webp&s=3ceb6785cf42017eb1ef7c082fe49819a31a8ab3 submitted by /u/jiltedgondolier [link] [comments]...
  7. The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant

in Cortana
    The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant: I'm not able to use my Cortana if I explain it briefly so I would say Cortana never responds or hears whatever I speak, so what should be the cause behind....? I just my problem to be fixed can anyone help me with that? Anyone's outta there who can help me with this!...
  8. Focus assist . . . message from Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist . . . message from Cortana: The three choices are: Priority . . . Alarms . . . Off I had Focus assist on Priority, and changed it . . . The message from her still gets through on Alarms Off seems to have fixed it Win Defender scan status appears to get through on "Off", also . . . some info through...
  9. Cortana will not open a browser.

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open a browser.: I have three Windows 10 computers. All have Firefox as the default browser. First, I understand that Cortana will always use Edge as its default browser. I am ok with that. When I type a question into Cortana on one of my machines (an MS Surface Pro 4), Cortana shows...
  10. Cortana as productivity assistant instead of personal assistant

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana as productivity assistant instead of personal assistant: Microsoft's own digital assistant Cortana is a very curious case in 2018. It's a feature (service?) that appears to be alive and kicking internally, but showing little to no sign of improvement externally. Cortana has become stagnant in the digital assistant market; it's...