Windows 10: Cortana assistant English/Russian

Discus and support Cortana assistant English/Russian in Cortana to solve the problem; When does Cortana will be available for Russia? It has been already 7 years, and there's still no hope from you, that it will appear any time soon.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SkiLeNDark, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Cortana assistant English/Russian

When does Cortana will be available for Russia? It has been already 7 years, and there's still no hope from you, that it will appear any time soon. Could you at least, make Cortana English version working on Russian locale or something like that?

Cortana declines to work on windows 10 when Russian locale is on. If it is very difficult to translate to Russian because 7 years have already passed, it's very long time, why not make it less functional of English version but still working, using English commands? Because I would like to use it, even though it is not in my native language. Cause I'm very used to seeing Russian OS interface letters more. Also I tried to switch to USA locale, and Cortana still didn't work as well, I don't remember correctly why, maybe it is still IP region locked or something.

:)

SkiLeNDark, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Dasherk Win User

Russian Language and Cortana

Hello,

thank you for your reply. However, I believe I made a hasty error in my question; I'm not looking to use russian with Cortana, rather the default language: english.

The problem, is that merely having the russian language pack installed breaks cortana. And the culprit seems to be voice feature. By having the russian language pack installed, the default voice language (which is restricted to english united states) gets
    cleared and cannot be saved.

so to recap, having the russian language pack installed breaks the default voice setting in the modern settings app, which crashes cortana.

I'm really hoping for a work around!

Dasherk, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Russian Language and Cortana

I understand that my reply will not help to resolve your problem, but I have two language packs installed, English and Russian, and have no problem with Cortana. It does not understand Russian but I talk to it in English. So I am sure there is no bug at
    all.

George M. R., Jan 7, 2021
  4. Dasherk Win User

Cortana assistant English/Russian

Russian Language and Cortana

Actually that does help, because at least I have confirmation that it should
    work. Tell me, is your copy of Windows primarily russian or english?

Dasherk, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Cortana assistant English/Russian

1. Cortana assistant English/Russian - Similar Threads - Cortana assistant English

2. The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.: Hi!Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎15/‎2022 OS build 19045.3803 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 I set the language to English United States, switched the displayed system interface to English, set the formats of the United...
  3. U.S. English and Russian Language are not removed from logging on with Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    U.S. English and Russian Language are not removed from logging on with Password: I went to the Microsoft website for a few months and downloaded Windows 11. A month ago I discovered an error in the update, after the restart it will turn through the list of choice of the operating system, but this is not the case when I turn off and turn on the computer. I...
  4. Cortana assistance on browser

in Cortana
    Cortana assistance on browser: You know how on mobile phones if you ask the assistant a question they open the browser for you? I am trying to do the same for my windows 10 edge browser. The advanced settings is removed and I cannot find "Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge" settings anymore. Is it no...
  5. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  6. Cortana English

in Cortana
    Cortana English: If Cortana English is not available in Canada as the annoying pop up keep stating, then why don't Microsoft remove it from its windows 10 settings for devices marketed for Canada? It doesn't stay closed nor minimized and pops up as a useless item with the words; SORRY, BUT...
  7. Instead of English, Russian letters appears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Instead of English, Russian letters appears: I use English Keyboard Layout, but when I press the keys, only Russian letters appear. I use external keyboard. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instead-of-english-russian-letters-appears/24968b69-8fe4-4441-8615-0a872cf5c90b
  8. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.: Hello, Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian. I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian letter "Р" ***Changed Original Title From: Keyboard***...
  9. Cortana as productivity assistant instead of personal assistant

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana as productivity assistant instead of personal assistant: Microsoft's own digital assistant Cortana is a very curious case in 2018. It's a feature (service?) that appears to be alive and kicking internally, but showing little to no sign of improvement externally. Cortana has become stagnant in the digital assistant market; it's...
  10. Cortana cannot speak English!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana cannot speak English!: Every so often Cortana pops up with a message saying that before she can help 'I must select a language she can speak'. There is a list of appropriate languages including of course English US and English UK My preference has been English UK (the region where I live) for...