Windows 10: Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM

Discus and support Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I initially start up my computer, Cortana Background Task Host is hogging a lot of RAM and it last for a few minutes, but eventually goes away.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gizmo, Aug 1, 2015.

1. gizmo Win User

Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM

When I initially start up my computer, Cortana Background Task Host is hogging a lot of RAM and it last for a few minutes, but eventually goes away.

I've tried looking for info on what this is/does specifically but am coming up empty.

Anyone have more information?

Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM [​IMG]

:)

gizmo, Aug 1, 2015

2. Cortana Background Task Host

Alright so I am back to report my Dell XPS 12 has been replaced by the Asus UX501. It has an i7 6700 and 24GB of RAM as well as a 512gb nvme SSD that runs at 2.5GB second. What I can say is no matter how powerful your PC, this is a memory leak that will
    saturate your PC. I have the latest W10 ann version with latest updates, latest drivers, and this laptop is only a week old and already i started to see it go up and up and up until 23.5GB of ram are full. NOTHING I do or will ever do will take up that much.
    And its the same Cortana background task host

The worst part is, in the first 3 days of having the laptop I had as usual disabled cortana and pretty much all other privacy/tracking function. Then I though to myself, maybe since my last problem, Cortana has become a little bit more like Google Now. So
    I started enabling all functions to allow cortana to be an assitant and then all she did was go back to her old habits.

So i'm done. No more cortana. Ever. Anyways Google Now is rumored to be in the works for Windows, and that my friend is how AI should be.

PatrickPolish, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Cortana Background Task Host

Yes, me too. I have a similar problem since getting build 1511.

It doesn't use much RAM, but slows down my hard disk.

Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM [​IMG]

There's some serious problem in there.

If anyone has any fixes, please let me know.

Thanks.

Manas Sambhus, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM

1. Cortana Background Task Host - What is it? Why does it use so much RAM - Similar Threads - Cortana Background Task

2. Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?: This issue randomly came up where the Service Host: Network Service started using anywhere from 60-70% of my RAM, specifically the Network Service with Delivery Optimization underneath of it is the only one giving me trouble. Takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours for this...
  3. Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?: This issue randomly came up where the Service Host: Network Service started using anywhere from 60-70% of my RAM, specifically the Network Service with Delivery Optimization underneath of it is the only one giving me trouble. Takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours for this...
  4. Microsoft Content Background Task Host using up to 10GB of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Content Background Task Host using up to 10GB of RAM: Microsoft Content Background Task Host process starts on its own and hogs up all memory on the system. The process comes back after a few minutes even after killing it with the Task Manager. Help would be appreciated....
  5. Why is YouTube using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is YouTube using so much RAM?: I am watching videos right now. I have my task manager up and once I use the search page, my memory usage shoots up at least ten percent if not more. Apparently nobody else is having this problem since I asked this question multiple times before in the YouTube sub with no...
  6. Apps uses so much RAM

Apps uses so much RAM: Before i run "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool", all of the processes use 50% of a 4gb RAM, but after running the "Memory Diagnostic Tool" chrome uses so much ram more than before, and also i think that other apps slightly increased their RAM usage. anybody can help me with...
  7. Does anybody know what is server host and why it takes so much gpu

Does anybody know what is server host and why it takes so much gpu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/You-boy-Luis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2bwmd/does_anybody_know_what_is_server_host_and_why_it/
  8. Why Windows processes are using so much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows processes are using so much RAM: My laptop has 16 GB of 3200 ddr4 RAM, but after letting it idle for about an hour the RAM usage goes straight up to 99% with only edge open. I checked my system and everything is up to date and the Task manager is saying I have 15.4 GB of available RAM. Is there anything that...
  9. Cortana background task host resource hogging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana background task host resource hogging: Hey all i have been having a problem with the cortana background task host. It seems to take up a lot of the CPU and disk after i have used either itunes or windows media player. I have no idea how long this has been going since i only noticed as i have other issues with...
  10. What is Background Task Host?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Background Task Host?: Cortana is Windows 10 user's personal assistant. To interact with Cortana, one must communicate via audio or the visual graphical User Interface. Application Name praid:CortanaUI

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diskfootprint\storagesense memory leak taskhostw