Windows 10: cortana bashs google

Discus and support cortana bashs google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Interesting position taken by MS, no google for Cortana Microsoft stops Google being used for Cortana searches - BBC News Roy 48756 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hawkman, Apr 28, 2016.

1. hawkman Win User

cortana bashs google

hawkman, Apr 28, 2016
  2. Robus69 Win User

Microsoft Family blocking google, youtube, facebook, yahoo for child accounts

This is just Microsoft bashing Google by granting our kids no access to Google's Services and pushing their own. A shame, really. Too bad no MS rep steps into this list of questions either: the URL Microsoft Community is a joke...

Apologies for rant...

Robus69, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Gloves947 Win User
    windows 10 anniversary update: bash missing

I have windows 10 anniversary update installed.

I went to turn windows features on/off and ticked on Windows Subsystem for Linux (beta).

I went to settings/update&security and enable developer mode and turned that on.

note in my event log saying these were done and system needs restart.

reboot machine.

enter bash on search and Cortana takes me to Windows store to install the game bish bash bus.

search store for bash and the only thing close is Terminal RT for windows 8.1.

search store for Linux and Ubuntu and still don't see anything.

where is the windows 10 bash that is supposed to be automatically downloaded and installed?

Has it been removed?

thank you.

Gloves947, Apr 28, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

cortana bashs google

Thanks for the link. As much as I am a Cortana Fanboy, I still 100% believe in user choice. They could of just put an explanation with a "More" link in Cortana's set up, and gave the uses the information when making their choice, and not made it impossible.
    I wonder if this is ONLY for Cortana, or also for Windows Search(Cortana turned off).

Cliff S, Apr 28, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    For now, only applies to Cortana search.
    Have a look at this article
    Windows 10 will no longer let you Google search from Cortana
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/11...tana-bing-edge
    excerpt:
    As the company explained in a blog post, "the only way we can confidently deliver this personalized, end-to-end search experience is through the integration of Cortana, Microsoft Edge and Bing." Google and other search engines will still be accessible through a conventional browser search.

davidhk, Apr 28, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
Thema:

cortana bashs google

1. cortana bashs google - Similar Threads - cortana bashs google

2. Candy Crush and Bingo Bash Games on Google?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush and Bingo Bash Games on Google?: Hi Everyone:I hope all of you and your families are well and safe!For many years I have logged onto Facebook using Google and I play both Candy Crush and Bingo Bash without any problems.However, last night when I clicked on Candy Crush in Facebook, a screen popped up with a...
  3. Candy Crush and Bingo Bash Games on Google?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Candy Crush and Bingo Bash Games on Google?: Hi Everyone:I hope all of you and your families are well and safe!For many years I have logged onto Facebook using Google and I play both Candy Crush and Bingo Bash without any problems.However, last night when I clicked on Candy Crush in Facebook, a screen popped up with a...
  4. Cortana link to Google calendar

Cortana link to Google calendar: When will this be enabled? Cortana is useless without it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-link-to-google-calendar/03565ae0-9e42-4704-895f-27b389f024f3
  5. Bingo bash

Bingo bash: Keeps kicking me out of game up to three times why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bingo-bash/1e5dd1e5-4424-4ab0-bc5b-ab9274638382
  6. Changing Cortana search to Google

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Cortana search to Google: Is there a way to change the Windows 10 taskbar search to Google without setting Chrome as my default browser, and using an extension? I very much like the Edge beta, but I prefer Google as my search engine. submitted by /u/gotthelife11 [link] [comments]...
  7. Cortana X Google

in Cortana
    Cortana X Google: Hi Microsoft community! I'm writing to ask if anybody can help me with an issue relating to Cortana working with my Google Calendar. I can link my Google Account with Cortana and Windows 10. In Outlook (mail and calendar) it shows everything I'd need to know (Cortana can...
  8. Bash Shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bash Shell: Hi, I am using windows 10 Home on HP Laptop. I want to work with Linux Bash shell I tried to follow the link below https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-bash-shell-command-line-windows-10. I could complete till number 12 beyond that it did not work. Request...
  9. Cortana and Google calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana and Google calendar: just started using Cortana yesterday and have a question. Once I speak a command to Cortana and confirm that my reminder is correct, do I need to shut down my computer and then reopen it for the remi der to show up on my Google calendar? Or do I just need to give it time to...
  10. Get Cortana to use Google Chrome

Get Cortana to use Google Chrome: Hello! I've had this fixed before, simply by having Chrome as default browser, but now it doesn't really work and I don't know why. Tried putting Edge back as default then Chrome again, even used the control panel for it but with no luck. 69643