Windows 10: Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results

Discus and support Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi. I am using windows 10 pro version 2004. the new cortana can't do anything . even when I click on its suggestions it will say : sorry, I can't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AHParsapour, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results

Hi.

I am using windows 10 pro version 2004.

the new cortana can't do anything . even when I click on its suggestions it will say : sorry, I can't undrestand that or searchs bing and show me the search results.

I fully removed windows and installed it again, but cortana just worked correctly for once. after that, it stopped working.

How can I fix that, Or is it possible to roll back to the previous cortana?

Thanks a lot.

:)

AHParsapour, Jul 17, 2020
  2. yass Win User

What is the difference between cortana and search?

Cortana is your digital agent. She'll help you get things done.

One of the major changes to Windows 10 is the presence of Microsoft’s voice assistant, Cortana. Along with voice searches, you will be given “suggestions” that the voice assistant makes. This includes reminders for scheduled events in your calendar, ideas when you are searching the Web for something, alternatives when you are quizzing Cortana for information, and more.
    Here are some things Cortana can do for you:

• Give you reminders based on time, places, or people.
    • Track packages, teams, interests, and flights.
    • Send emails and texts.
    • Manage your calendar and keep you up to date.
    • Create and manage lists.
    • Chit chat and play games.
    • Find facts, files, places, and info.
    • Open any app on your system.

What is Cortana

Windows 10 Forum

3. Steve C Win User
    How to send an email using Cortana?

I'm on 1809. It will open Outlook but any other attempt to send an email just results in a web search. It should work as post 2 but it doesn't.

Steve C, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Kecleon-X Win User

Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results

Cortana Not Setting Reminders

Hey guys!

So, I updated to Windows 10 several months ago. I upgraded and loved the new Cortana feature, taking great pride in the fact that I could speak to my machine to set a reminder. It was great! Until, interestingly enough, it stopped. There was nothing that
    changed to prompt such a change and now Cortana won't do anything other than simply searching Bing for "Remind me on Friday at 11:00 am about my call". I figured that it was perhaps some issues with my Logitech G930 headset, something that I was having some
    now resolved issues with prior so I tried doing it with text after unplugging my headset and a reboot. Same thing. Audio commands to set reminders won't work aside from searching Bing, and text does the same thing. It starts to, even saying "Set a reminder"
    with the lightbulb, however sending me to Bing shortly thereafter.

In short, I haven't an idea in the slightest on what it could be. Hope you guys can help me with this! Cortana's other functions work just fine, by the way; even the movie quiz.

Kecleon-X, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results

1. Cortana Beta not setting reminders, sending emails, etc. just showing bing search results - Similar Threads - Cortana Beta setting

2. Cortana cannot set reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot set reminders: I tried asking cortana to set reminders but Cortana says I'm sorry but I can't help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cannot-set-reminders/7456c9e7-f99f-4ef3-beec-8064d3ce91ac
  3. Taskbar Search and Bing time out, cannot show any results Search bar, bing.com, etc.

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search and Bing time out, cannot show any results Search bar, bing.com, etc.: Windows web search in the task bar as well as bing.com time out for every search attempted. This is the case on both my and my wife's PCs, making them very difficult to use effectively. Both are Surface devices different types and generations and we use Edge as default...
  4. Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.: I am on Windows 10. Cortana now either gives me Bing results or says "Sorry, I'm not able to help with that" whenever I ask it do anything. If I say "Open Word" it simply gives a list of things to do to open word. If I say "Set a timer for 3 minutes" or "remind me to phone...
  5. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  6. problems with cortana setting reminder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with cortana setting reminder: hello everyone, this is my first question in this forum, I hope to be able to solve my problem. Pretty much since about September 2019 cortana stopped working when I try to set a reminder. The error returned sound like " I'm sorry, an error has occurred, try again in a...
  7. Bing search results

in Cortana
    Bing search results: Fairly simple. All searches, especially for generic businesses or shopping related searches always return american results. Location is set to australia. I am signed in. Windows location is set to my city and country. Changing search engines isnt an option as i do most of my...
  8. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  9. Cortana not showing photos in reminders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana not showing photos in reminders: I am having trouble with the pictures not showing up in Cortana when reminding me of a particular event. Screenshots are provided below for your reference, but personal info is blurred out for your privacy. [img] [img] The picture on the left is what is expected. The...
  10. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...