Windows 10: Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones

Discus and support Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, I built a new rig and I want to give Cortana another try (last time was when it was still newly released for Canada). Windows 10 doesn't let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PeteTheGeek196, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones

Recently, I built a new rig and I want to give Cortana another try (last time was when it was still newly released for Canada). Windows 10 doesn't let Cortana work with Bluetooth microphones, such as the one in my Sennheiser Momentum M2 wireless noise cancelling headphones. First, do you know why Microsoft has set this unexpected limitation? Security concerns? Second, for those who use wireless headphones AND Cortana, can you recommend a wired microphone? The last time I tried Cortana, I think part of the problem was that I had a poor quality microphone. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

submitted by /u/PeteTheGeek196
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PeteTheGeek196, Aug 16, 2020

2. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 16, 2020
  3. "Hey Cortana" is turned off while you're using a bluetooth microphone

So basically what you are saying is you people at Microsoft are morons? You allow a bluetooth microphone to be used for eveything else, hell I can open the Mic Properties and watch the bar go up and down when you say hey cortana, but your programmers are
    so moronic that they didn't include this simple functionality into cortana to respond to it? You know the functionality that is programmed into both Androids and Iphones and has been for how many years now?

Gonzothegreat19, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones

"Hey Cortana" is turned off while you're using a bluetooth microphone

We appreciate you taking your time and effort in trying to resolve your concern. You can use your Bluetooth headset as a default microphone in Windows 10, however, we have yet to include the option to use
    “Hey Cortana” with it. We recommend posting your suggestion to our
    Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us to continually improve your experience with our product. To submit a feedback, follow these steps:

• Type Feedback Hub in Cortana Search.
    • Click + Add new feedback.
    • Select a Problem and share any details you think is relevant.
    • Choose the appropriate Category and Sub-Category.
    • Click Submit.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Kristine Arp, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones

1. Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones - Similar Threads - Cortana Bluetooth Microphones

2. Conflict with Bluetooth Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conflict with Bluetooth Microphone: Well, you folks are my last hope. I have five Bluetooth headsets, all purchased long after my Windows 10 desktop which has all of the upgrades. However, even though the headsets' audio works fine, none are recognized for speech by Windows 10. I have tried every solution...
  3. Microphone not working in ask Cortana

in Cortana
    Microphone not working in ask Cortana: Microphone not working in ask Cortana tried all settings to no avail happened since windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-in-ask-cortana/f05ef0d6-82df-4a25-9e3d-d116b312613c
  4. Bluetooth Headphones’ Microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones’ Microphone: I recently bought the Sennheiser HD 450 headphones. When I connect them to my ASUS 505DT laptop, I am able to use them as speakers but am unable to use the in built microphone. I googled this but that didn’t help. I am able to select “Hands free AG” as a mic source but it...
  5. Regarding Bluetooth microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Bluetooth microphone.: Hi, my microphone makes it wear i can only hear myself and no one else. Ive tried everything i can to fix it but im not successful please help. Whenever i go on control panel > sound > recording devices i can hear myself talk, whenever i am i game i can hear myself talk...
  6. Cortana microphone

in Cortana
    Cortana microphone: I cannot cortana to work on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-microphone/0d95770a-5255-4c8d-aab7-fd31d3ecb27a
  7. Bluetooth headphones and microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones and microphone: Hi all, More than one year I’m dealing with problem using my bluetooth headphones and microphone for skype call or teams call althrough it supports Hand-free mode on my Sony WHCH500. When select handsfree mode, other can hear me, but I can’t hear anyone. Has anybody know...
  8. Cortana and Microphone

Cortana and Microphone: Cortana can't hear me. My laptop microphone worked to talk to Cortana now I get the message no microphone Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-microphone/da94e8e8-8f14-4391-bbc6-64ca90133c5f
  9. Cortana not istening to microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not istening to microphone.: Tried to set up Cortana to recognize my voice but it keeps on saying that Computer is not listening. [img] Microphone (Analog, connected to the back) works of course, applications like Skype hear it just fine, boost is on to maximum and it shows volume in Cortana tests....
  10. Microphone Requirements For Cortana

Microphone Requirements For Cortana: I have Cortana set up and working pretty nicely with this microphone. http://www.amazon.com/Kinobo-Microph...8980144&sr=1-1 On initial setup I did get the "might not work so good with this microphone" (paraphrasing) dialog. To my Star Trek delight it responds to...