Windows 10: Cortana Briefings

Discus and support Cortana Briefings in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I have an end user that received a Cortana briefing that involved a task from a supervisor. The original email never reached the users inbox,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Aaron Thompson a.thompson, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Cortana Briefings

Hello,

I have an end user that received a Cortana briefing that involved a task from a supervisor. The original email never reached the users inbox, they are only able to access the email from the Cortana brief. Is this a setting that can be disabled or something that is typical of a Cortana brief? Thanks for any information.

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Outlook Other/unknown Office 2016

:)

Aaron Thompson a.thompson, Dec 30, 2020

2. Cortana Daily Briefing

Hello,

I am on a mac, not sure if or how that nay affect things but I use the online version of Microsoft Office 365 (primarily outlook email) for work. We've been getting "Daily Briefings" from Cortana via email, which are very useful as it shows things like "2
    days ago you said: I will take care of this and get back to you" -- allowing me to click "done" or "add to To Do List".

My boss asked me if Cortana can be modified to locate or recognize keywords for this daily briefing. Example, we set up her keywords for "quote" or "pricing" and then in her daily email briefings it would show "2 days ago: XX emailed you asking for a XX
    quote" thus allowing him to a) mark "done" or b) mark "add to my to do list".

So far nobody via support had been able to answer me and has only directed me to set rules for our emails recognizing key words and having them auto filtered to a specific inbox folder.

Any feedback would be really appreciated!

Brandi Duncan, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Cortana Briefings

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Briefings

1. Cortana Briefings - Similar Threads - Cortana Briefings

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Daily briefing cortana need an explanation ,clarification

in Cortana
    Daily briefing cortana need an explanation ,clarification: Hi Support,All the users are getting individuall email about daily briefing of cortana email. I don't know how it is automatically got enabled and sending email to users.How to disable it so that it should not send email to user.Awaiting for your reply at the...
  6. HOW TO REMOVE CORTANA ON TEAMS, DESKTOP AND HER DAILY BRIEFINGS??? MICROSOFT PLEASE STOP...

in Cortana
    HOW TO REMOVE CORTANA ON TEAMS, DESKTOP AND HER DAILY BRIEFINGS??? MICROSOFT PLEASE STOP...: The daily briefings and any email I get from Cortana are a mess. They are annoying and clog up my inbox. I find typos and misspellings in other "Cortana" emails. Cortana in both Teams and my Desktop pop up when I don't want them. She's worthless on desktop. Ever tried the...
  7. Cortana briefing email not showing in-line action buttons

in Cortana
    Cortana briefing email not showing in-line action buttons: I've been using a windows 10 pro version 21H1 laptop with 2016 home and business office. I've been getting the Cortana briefings which have the in-line action buttons allowing me to set a reminder. I recently switched to another computer, same version of Windows but with...
  8. Black Screen for Brief 1-2 seconds after clicking Start or Cortana on task bar or when I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for Brief 1-2 seconds after clicking Start or Cortana on task bar or when I...: I have a Dell Precision M4600 running Windows 10 OS. When I click on the Cortana search bar the screen will go black for about 1-2 seconds, and then come back with Cortana opened like normal. Visually everything is normal when the display comes back. The same thing occurs...
  9. Cortana Briefing Email No Longer Showing Up

in Cortana
    Cortana Briefing Email No Longer Showing Up: We have Briefing email turned on for our organization and for a couple of weeks I actually received the briefing emails, but haven't received any since mid July. I am still subscribed to the service, but haven't had one of the emails in over two weeks. Did something happen to...
  10. Cortana opens then closes after a brief listening message since the last update.

in Cortana
    Cortana opens then closes after a brief listening message since the last update.: Since your last mandatory update (which I hate, I have an Apple on order can't wait). Cortana opens then says listening for about .5 seconds. Then it promptly closes. Doesn't matter whether its by saying "Hey Cortana" or windows+c. Last time this happened there was another...