Windows 10: Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets

Discus and support Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Our teams in Redmond have been working hard on the upcoming launch of Windows 10. For my team, that means building the first digital personal assistant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets

Source: Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets | Blogging Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Basith M Win User

Cortana not available in your region.

Hi,

As of now Cortana is available in the following countries: the U.S., UK, China, France, Italy, Germany and Spain. For further reference, you may refer to the following Windows Blog.

Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets - Windows Experience Blog

You will have to wait for the update in Windows Blogs for further information.

Windows Blog

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System

Basith M, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Basith M Win User
    When will cortana be released in more countries?

Hi,

As of now Cortana is available in the following countries: the U.S., UK, China, France, Italy, Germany and Spain. For further reference, you may refer to the following Windows Blog.

Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets - Windows Experience Blog

You will have to wait for the update in Windows Blogs for further information.

Windows Blog

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets

The "personal" in the Windows Personal Computer is fantastic!

Coke Robot, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I would much rather have a Blond Human type personal assistant.

6. Those cost money. *chuckle

Coke Robot, Jul 19, 2015
  7. BillyBob Win User
    "Cortana is also aware of important cultural touchstones in each market. In France, Cortana celebrates the Cannes Film Festival. In Canada, Cortana loves hockey, and in India, Cortana celebrates cricket star and national hero Sachin Tendulkar.

And in Japan, a high level of politeness is valued; Cortana will bow by default."

And in Australia she bows down to Shark Fighters.

BillyBob, Jul 20, 2015
  8. Trust_No1 Win User

Now that is some real savviness *chuckle

Trust_No1, Jul 20, 2015
  9. *Tongue I'm sorry, but .... Cortana is not aware of anything

*burger It is programmed - perhaps to use key dates on a calendar, but there's no AI in it.

*Cool People call it she - programs are gender neutral (to be fair, people refer to ships as she)

*Wink Until Cortana gets out of the box and makes coffee, it's just voice recognition software.

Slartybart, Jul 20, 2015
  10. kenC Win User
    Gee - so much work went into it I'm almost sorry I've got it turned off - but only almost . But really - what bullsh** Over 1 billion Chinese people all want the same thing ? - all Canadians love hockey? Really ? Talk about stereotyping !

11. BillyBob Win User
    Like it or not, there are cultural differences, like when I go to the U.S. Most cant understand me even though I'm talking English

BillyBob, Jul 21, 2015
  12. I can't understand what you're saying *Tongue
    Are you sure you're speaking English *Wink

All lies in jest ... a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest
    -Simon & Garfunkel

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana brings Cultural Savviness to New Markets - Similar Threads - Cortana brings Cultural

2. New Cortana is bad

in Cortana
    New Cortana is bad: Please bring the old Personal assistant cortana back, this one is horrible, its like cortana got lobotomized, she was so good before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-cortana-is-bad/278c5c0c-cbf0-477e-854d-737b7c3a10f8
  3. Duplicate Language Culture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Language Culture: Hello everybody, We have a situation with a couple of users that cannot run a program called Memo+ properly due to duplicate cultures present in their machines. Funny enough is that the duplicate culture is Japanese and none of them are Japanese so I guess it got installed...
  4. HoloLens 2 expands to new markets this Fall

in Windows 10 News
    HoloLens 2 expands to new markets this Fall: HoloLens 2 is currently available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In these markets, industry-leading companies in manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and education are using enterprise mixed...
  5. PC Market Online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Market Online: Is PC Market Online a legitimate company and are their claims about genuine Microsoft products true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-market-online/edd79598-fed4-4032-8177-db280dd7a254
  6. cortana on new computer

in Cortana
    cortana on new computer: My current computer has win 10, and the search box says "type here to search." I remember it took me quite a bit to get away from the voice commands but do not remember how it was done. I do not want Cortana listening to what I say to my cat; I want only what I have on this...
  7. New brand, new home: Where to find Google Marketing Platform online

in Windows 10 News
    New brand, new home: Where to find Google Marketing Platform online: When we brought together DoubleClick and the Google Analytics 360 Suite under Google Marketing Platform, we knew we had to make some changes to our websites, blogs and social media channels too. Now, the resources you’ve been reading and visiting over the years have been...
  8. Survey suggests Cortana will be more desired than ever in enterprise market

in Windows 10 News
    Survey suggests Cortana will be more desired than ever in enterprise market: A new survey conducted by Pindrop suggests that Microsoft’s Cortana has picked up in the battle for voice in the enterprise segment, and it will soon rival Amazon and Google in business use. Microsoft is finally getting the traction among enterprises, and the momentum is...
  9. Cortana product chief admits Microsoft was late to the speaker market

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana product chief admits Microsoft was late to the speaker market: Digital assistants, in general, have changed a lot in the past few years. They have gained a lot of new features which made them capable of expanding themselves from smartphones to smart speakers. Amazon Alexa powered Echo smart speakers are really popular products in the...
  10. New HP and ASUS Always Connected PCs enable a new culture of work

in Windows 10 News
    New HP and ASUS Always Connected PCs enable a new culture of work: New devices from HP and ASUS are instantly on, always connected with incredible battery life Throughout the history of personal computing, a steady wave of progress has changed how we interact with technology in both our work and personal lives. Microsoft and our partners...