Windows 10: Cortana Bug

Discus and support Cortana Bug in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing bugs when i try to set an alarm using cortana.Firstly, i type "set an alarm at 12.30pm today"Then it asks me "what time would you... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by cyang000, Apr 28, 2021.

1. cyang000 Win User

Cortana Bug

Hi, I'm experiencing bugs when i try to set an alarm using cortana.Firstly, i type "set an alarm at 12.30pm today"Then it asks me "what time would you like your alarm?" at this part, the first problem appears. it does not understand my command while other normal commands such as "remind me to water the plants at 12.30pm today" works flawlessly. Next, I type"12.30pm". Then the " ... " animation appears for a while and then disappears completely along with my respond, while only the " what time would you like your alarm " remains there.Please figure this out, thank you

:)

cyang000, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Cortana Bug

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Cortana Bug

1. Cortana Bug - Similar Threads - Cortana Bug

2. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience: Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or coughing, etc., and often also when there is no noise at all or I am not in the room - I hear her talking from another room....
  3. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Cortana
    Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience: Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or coughing, etc., and often also when there is no noise at all or I am not in the room - I hear her talking from another room....
  4. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cortana Calendar Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Calendar Bug: My Cortana is showing symptoms of dementia :c [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-calendar-bug/5ae63765-1dee-4c66-b19d-88823f2e37c1
  6. Cortana alt-tab bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana alt-tab bug: Yes it is a good news that Cortana is now shipped as if it is a separate application but please do not include it in the alt tab process. It just makes the workflow slower because Cortana is supposed to open or show up only when triggered but not as part of the main...
  7. Is this some known bug in 2004 or Cortana is actually broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this some known bug in 2004 or Cortana is actually broken: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/anupamss10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gunbhn/is_this_some_known_bug_in_2004_or_cortana_is/
  8. Cortana interfering with search engine preference in Vivaldi browser - Windows 10 search bug?

in Cortana
    Cortana interfering with search engine preference in Vivaldi browser - Windows 10 search bug?: Split from this thread. Jim, Hi, I have a search question too. I installed win 10 home pro 3 days ago. I use vivaldi as my browser. I am not able to use the address bar as search or the search bar on the top right. Cortana apparently would not allow that. So I disabled...
  9. Cortana Activation Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Activation Bug: About once a day, Cortana will activate on her own and pull up the full screen mode. This is getting obnoxious. My mic isn't even turned on when this happens, I wear headphones and there is absolutely no background noise. This needs to be fixed!...
  10. Windows 10 1809 Bug: I can't change the Cortana icon into a search box after changing a...

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1809 Bug: I can't change the Cortana icon into a search box after changing a...: It is easy to change the cortana icon into just an icon to seach box and versa but once you log in as a Microsoft Account there is no option to change into a search box instead of just an icon. Here is the link to the feedback hub report on the same issue I reported 2 weeks...