Windows 10: Cortana Calculator not working anymore

Discus and support Cortana Calculator not working anymore in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello! Up until some days ago, I used the 2018 version of Windows 10, and I could do simple math calculations just by typing them in the search bar,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ValentinBajan, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Cortana Calculator not working anymore

Hello! Up until some days ago, I used the 2018 version of Windows 10, and I could do simple math calculations just by typing them in the search bar, but some days ago I've upgraded my PC and installed the 2019 version and now I can't use this feature anymore, instead I can only open a Microsoft Edge page with the Bing search of the result. Is there any way to bring back Cortana Calculator so it does the maths directly in the search bar?

:)

ValentinBajan, Dec 13, 2019
  2. ppaliwal Win User

Cortana no longer does calculations or conversions on Windows 10

I'm currently on the latest Creators update for Windows 10 and having issues working with Cortana.

• No conversions or calculations are happening in the Cortana fly-out, instead it is sending me to browser even for a 2+2 calculation.
    • Commands like Open/Launch program name are not working

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

ppaliwal, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 13, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

Cortana Calculator not working anymore

Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Calculator not working anymore

1. Cortana Calculator not working anymore - Similar Threads - Cortana Calculator working

2. Cortana is not working anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working anymore: The message "The Oficce 365 associates with your mailbox is hosted in an unsupported location, try signing in with your personal account" appears when I login into Cortana. But when I log in with another account, it works! Any advice?? [Movido para Inglês]...
  3. calculator doesn't work anymore after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calculator doesn't work anymore after last update: after the last update i can't open the calculator, for someone who uses it often this is very annoying. edit: version 2004 - kb4586781 was the last update i mentioned submitted by /u/mjklsimpson [link] [comments]...
  4. Calculator not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calculator not working: Since the last update, the calculator has stopped working.......... any reasons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-not-working/dbd390df-4f69-4a38-b01c-746ae377e592
  5. Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted): Hello, I think I know what causes this problem (User Account is corrupted or misconfigured somehow) but I don't know how to fix it. So it's because I changed my user account folder name via cmd on boot for 5-6 months ago, and now it's all working fine, however ALL windows...
  6. Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903 and it seems I can no longer do math calculations in the search any more. In the past, entering simple math (or simple searches) resulted in the answer showing up on the frame on the right, but now all I see is "search the web...
  7. calculator not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    calculator not working: calculator not able to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-not-working/4de236bb-90f3-4f04-8c21-98963cc0cfcd"
  8. Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10: I was able to turn on the "Hey Cortana" feature when I first installed windows 10 yesterday morning. but at night, i tried to use it again, and it stopped working. I played around with the privacy settings, could that effect it? any help will be appreciated. thanks, and...
  9. Calculator not working ..?

Calculator not working ..?: Hi All. When I open my calculator all i see is this ..? [img] I just checked ... my windows store is completely gone .. maybe after the update lately ..? How do i fix this ...? Thanks 91790
  10. Solved: Hey Cortana - it doesn't work anymore, i turned it on

Solved: Hey Cortana - it doesn't work anymore, i turned it on: Tried to turn on Hey Cortana, it still doesn't work. i messed with the privacy settings, but i may have missed something. please let me know.... common.... thanks! 10277

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calculator in cortana