Windows 10: cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that"

Discus and support cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that" in Cortana to solve the problem; when asking her to set a reminder or look something up, my words show up at the bottom as I speak them and the circle spins for a bit, then she says... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by noah.mh, Sep 5, 2019.

1. noah.mh Win User

cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that"

when asking her to set a reminder or look something up, my words show up at the bottom as I speak them and the circle spins for a bit, then she says "I'm sorry, I didn't get that" as if my microphone wasn't working or something. if I ask her something like "oh, how are you doing?" she responds immediately with "excellent.", and she responds to my saying "hey cortana" so I know its not a microphone issue. everything is up to date, I've restarted my laptop a couple of times, etc. and i'm not sure what setting i'm missing here. help?

:)

noah.mh, Sep 5, 2019

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
      Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 5, 2019
  4. cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that"

Cortana can't hear me

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.

Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that"

1. cortana can hear me fine, but still responds with "I'm sorry, I didn't get that" - Similar Threads - cortana hear fine

2. Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.: I recently set up Cortana but I get no response when I say "Hey Cortana". Then I clicked on the mic icon in the search bar at the bottom left and before I even start talking cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything". I checked my mic by trying to record...
  3. Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything"

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything": I am using windows 10 home single language I am facing this issue whenever I am going click microphone logo on Cortana search box to say something it immediately says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything" ,I tried checking microphone set up then using microphone I...
  4. why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...

in Cortana
    why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...: [ATTACH] this is problem, how to solve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-not-working-whenever-i-open-it-shows/afb7f6f7-1465-4f3c-816b-72e07822d613
  5. Cortana hears me but doesn't respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but doesn't respond: Cortana suddenly will not respond to me. If I say "hey cortana" it pops up and allows me to say something but then just spins and stops eventually. I've spent probably a total of 4-5 hours researching and attempting literally every solution I can find. I've even done system...
  6. Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions

in Cortana
    Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions: So when I say "Hey Cortana" or click the little Cortana icon, she pops up. As I am asking her a question, I can see the words across the bottom of the screen so obviously she hears me. After that, the little circle icon will either spin for a few minutes and close, or she'll...
  7. Cortana hears but does not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears but does not respond: I use Cortana to get stock prices so usually, for example when working correctly, I will ask; "Exxon stock price" and receive reply. Lately, I know Cortana hears because the words show up at bottom of screen but after several seconds Cortana responds "sorry I didn't get...
  8. Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that: Dictation works fine in Word and in the search box. However, Cortana does not act on any command. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-only-replies-sorry-i-didnt-get-that/c1ea7a17-0cd2-47c1-b4be-02dbe6721e1c"
  9. Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding)

in Cortana
    Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding): Cortana won't respond to me nor will she talk, no matter what i do. She really isn't a personal assistant anymore, just a search bar sitting on my taskbar. If I press the mic icon, I don't even get the chance to say anything before the "Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear...
  10. get cortana to hear and answer me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    get cortana to hear and answer me: how to use cortana where she hears and responds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-cortana-to-hear-and-answer-me/10c39d42-d015-4677-8767-70ef4dd5b389

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana hears but doesnt respond

2. cortana hears me but doesnt respond

3. What are not catch how are you Cortana

4. cortana listens but does nothing,
  5. cortana hears but responds with sorry I didnt catch that,
  6. cortana hears but respond Sorry I didnt get that,
  7. cortana i didnt catch that,
  8. cortanna shows what i say in text then says she didnt catch that,
  9. Cortana only says Sorry I cant help with that.,
  10. cortana says sorry I cant help you with that.,
  11. cortana can hear me but doesnt respond,