Windows 10: Cortana can no longer sleep/shut down the computer 2021

Discus and support Cortana can no longer sleep/shut down the computer 2021 in Cortana to solve the problem; After the most recent Windows update, Cortana no longer logs off/shuts down my computer when I tell it to "go to sleep" or "turn off the computer".... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by IsaacF123, Mar 28, 2021.

1. IsaacF123 Win User

Cortana can no longer sleep/shut down the computer 2021

After the most recent Windows update, Cortana no longer logs off/shuts down my computer when I tell it to "go to sleep" or "turn off the computer". Instead, it searches for these terms on Bing.

Did Cortana change in the update? I really liked the sleep/shutdown feature so I am disappointed that the new Cortana is unable to do that. Is there a way for me to restore that old feature?

Updates that I had:

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 installed March 23 2021
    • 2021-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 20H2 for x64 KB4601050 installed March 25 2021
    • 2021-01 Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057 installed March 24 2021
    • 2020-10 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4580325 installed March 24 2021
    • ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 1.0.0.13 installed March 24 2021

:)

IsaacF123, Mar 28, 2021

2. After the latest update, computer is shutting down when in sleep mode - Windows 10

Hi Dylan

There are several options that you can check to further troubleshoot this issue about your
    computer shutting down when on Sleep mode. We suggest that you run the
    Power troubleshooter to see if there are problems with your Power settings. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and click the
      first option.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 28, 2021
  3. geo60 Win User
    can cortana put my computer in sleep mode / shut it down

is there a command i can say to cortana so shell put my computer into sleep mode/shut down im on windows 10 btw

geo60, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Cortana can no longer sleep/shut down the computer 2021 - Similar Threads - Cortana longer sleep

2. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  3. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  4. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  5. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cortana no longer sleeps

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer sleeps: Hi Being handicapped I find using Cortana to shutdown/restart/sleep and it seems any other search very useful. Cortana has been working well for over a month now but all of a sudden it doesn't do what I ask but it just things for a while and then stops After even a simple...
  7. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  8. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  9. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...
  10. Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer: Hello. After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my sleep feature quit working properly. There was a point in time a couple months back it did work, but since I hardly use it I didn't notice a problem. Recently I decided I'd start using it, and that's when I noticed...