Windows 10: Cortana can only set a timer once

Discus and support Cortana can only set a timer once in Cortana to solve the problem; When I start with a fresh Cortana process, I can set timers fine. But, if I try to set asecond timer, Cortana usually fails to set a timer, saying that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jfhbrook, Feb 22, 2020.

1. jfhbrook Win User

Cortana can only set a timer once

When I start with a fresh Cortana process, I can set timers fine. But, if I try to set asecond timer, Cortana usually fails to set a timer, saying that "something is wrong" and that I should "try again later". Trying again later never works.

If I force quit Cortana, I can then set a timer again - rinse and repeat. This makes me think that the first timer leaves Cortana in a bad state.

Is there any way I can debug this? I've searched everywhere and can't find a way to get Cortana to tell me *why* it's failing. Is there a way I can set a debug flag or something? If I can do that, perhaps I can fix this.

:)

jfhbrook, Feb 22, 2020
  2. AntiSane Win User

Cortana timer function not working

I'm suddenly (since yesterday) having trouble with Cortana and timers too..

"Set alarm for 10 minutes" -- works fine

"Set timer for 10 minutes" -- Cortana tries (spinning circle) and then tells me she can't connect to the internet.

Everything else works ("Whats for dinner", "what's on my schedule today", etc)

The ONLY one that suddenly fails is setting a timer.

I checked the settings you listed above, all are set to English (United States). Web results are off.

Even tried the "sfc /scannow" in an admin prompt to see if something became corrupted, but it returned no errors.

AntiSane, Feb 22, 2020
  3. J92(2) Win User
    Cortana's timer not working

I just installed windows 10 on my laptop and I've been trying to use Cortana's timer but it is not able to start the timer.

When I say "set a 10 minutes timer", Cortana just tells me "Sorry, something went wrong. Try later".

Instead when I tell Cortana to set a timer, a window with the times setting appears and it ask me for how long and, after I answer, it just blocks again.

What's wrong with Cortana?

J92(2), Feb 22, 2020
  4. Cortana can only set a timer once

How to close Cortana's Timer after Timer is up?

I got Cortana to set timer for 10minutes which she did. When timer's up and buzzing, how do I get Cortana to dismiss it?

Currently when I ask Cortana to dismiss timer, she replied that there isn't a timer set for me.

Limmalcolm, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Cortana can only set a timer once

1. Cortana can only set a timer once - Similar Threads - Cortana set timer

2. SIGN IN ONLY ONCE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SIGN IN ONLY ONCE: WANT IT SIGN IN ONLY ONCE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-only-once/2f7c5a03-6576-4789-8eea-746bbdb01947
  3. SIGN IN ONLY ONCE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SIGN IN ONLY ONCE: WANT IT SIGN IN ONLY ONCE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-only-once/2f7c5a03-6576-4789-8eea-746bbdb01947
  4. in focus timer how to set default timer to 25 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in focus timer how to set default timer to 25 min: IN system focus timer how to set default to 25 min https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-focus-timer-how-to-set-default-timer-to-25-min/dd6e4328-5f87-4760-b6dc-da6a0125be09
  5. in focus timer how to set default timer to 25 min

in focus timer how to set default timer to 25 min: IN system focus timer how to set default to 25 min https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-focus-timer-how-to-set-default-timer-to-25-min/dd6e4328-5f87-4760-b6dc-da6a0125be09
  6. This key can be used only once per PC/motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This key can be used only once per PC/motherboard: I see the same note under both the products(Kinguin) while they are priced differently. Whats the difference between OEM and online activation then ? submitted by /u/dirtrider007 [link] [comments]...
  7. How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.

in Cortana
    How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.: When I go to settings, Cortana, and try to turn on the toggle to allow Hey Cortana to funtion, it will not turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-cortana-settings-cortana-hey/a7fd5b59-9b42-4244-8bb4-4f55571ed4d5
  8. Disable 'Important Wake timers Only'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable 'Important Wake timers Only': Lately, my laptop has been waking up from Sleep Mode in the middle of the night. I researched about this and found out it has been waking up due to Wake Timers. I know how to disable Wake Timers but recently saw that Windows had a new option, 'Important Wake timers Only'....
  9. Is Windows 10 dictation sleep timer related to Cortana? Can sleep timer be modified or shut...

in Cortana
    Is Windows 10 dictation sleep timer related to Cortana? Can sleep timer be modified or shut...: Hi Folks, I'm attempting to use Windows 10 dictation to compose long documents, but dictation goes to sleep after a few seconds of activity, resulting in a really jerky process. Like most writers, I compose a few sentences, then pause to decide what next to say and how to...
  10. Can't access Cortana's setting. Keeps freezing once I click settings.

Can't access Cortana's setting. Keeps freezing once I click settings.: I'm really looking for a fix for my problem. I'm trying to access the settings for Cortana, the program works fine and all but I want to access the settings but once I bring up the options and specifically click settings,Cortana freezes and forces me to have to end the task,...