Windows 10: Cortana cannot access the system and the application settings restricted to BING search...

Discus and support Cortana cannot access the system and the application settings restricted to BING search... in Cortana to solve the problem; hello Microsoft, I am a user of Windows 10 Insider and build is vb_release 19041. recently post the 2004 version update, the Cortana is unable... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Louisde Souza1, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Cortana cannot access the system and the application settings restricted to BING search...

hello Microsoft,

I am a user of Windows 10 Insider and build is vb_release 19041.

recently post the 2004 version update, the Cortana is unable to open the applications nor does it open system settings.

with the version {vb_release 19041}. Cortana is unable to access the system and the application settings.

Example - Open WORD, Open system settings

while setting up the device after a fresh installation of Windows 10 HOME the first error we receive is that Cortana is not available in the United Kingdom.

Later after installing the pending updates and all the optional updates the Cortana is restricted to use only the Bing search results

Kindly fix this for the insider as we have noticed quite a few examples with non insiders as well on the Microsoft Store reviews for Cortana. this is more specific to the United Kingdom currently.

:)

Louisde Souza1, Oct 9, 2020

2. Manage search & Bing settings

I don't believe those settings will do anything unless your signed into Bing and Cortana is on.
    All that does is open Bing settings so there's the catch pushing you to be signed in

Funny you don't show all of the wonderful suggested sites above Bing image of the day *Tongue
    Right now unless signed in it's a search box you can not control the extra content in = bites.

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2020
  3. yass Win User
    What is the difference between cortana and search?

Cortana is your digital agent. She'll help you get things done.

One of the major changes to Windows 10 is the presence of Microsoft’s voice assistant, Cortana. Along with voice searches, you will be given “suggestions” that the voice assistant makes. This includes reminders for scheduled events in your calendar, ideas when you are searching the Web for something, alternatives when you are quizzing Cortana for information, and more.
    Here are some things Cortana can do for you:

• Give you reminders based on time, places, or people.
    • Track packages, teams, interests, and flights.
    • Send emails and texts.
    • Manage your calendar and keep you up to date.
    • Create and manage lists.
    • Chit chat and play games.
    • Find facts, files, places, and info.
    • Open any app on your system.

What is Cortana

Windows 10 Forum

yass, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Cortana cannot access the system and the application settings restricted to BING search...

bing search page

Hello, gaztaylor5667. Once
    Cortana is enabled on your Lumia Windows Phone, the search key will be assigned as her shortcut key. If you aren't using Cortana, you'll go to Bing Search. 's suggestion is the easiest way to access Bing Vision while
    Cortana is turned on.

Being able to easily access Bing Vision while Cortana is on would be a superb experience. We suggest that you send this as a feature suggestion at
    windowsphone.uservoice.com. This is the right channel to submit feedback and suggestions to help improve your Lumia experience.

Hope this information helps. :cathappy:

carlogimenez, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Cortana cannot access the system and the application settings restricted to BING search...

1. Cortana cannot access the system and the application settings restricted to BING search... - Similar Threads - Cortana cannot access

2. Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???

in Cortana
    Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???: I'm very surprised that Cortana can literally do nothing but say "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."It can't even set a timer or reminder....
  3. cortana only searches bings, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cortana only searches bings, nothing else: I just tried using cortana for the first time, had my laptop for more than a year but never thought about using cortana before today. but no matter what i send her she just searches bing and cannot do any of the other functionalities, it's really frustrating since i've got my...
  4. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  5. Bing search location setting

in Cortana
    Bing search location setting: I am in NM in the USA not uk as Bing searches seem to believe. How to set Bing searches for USA Bing search location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-location-setting/8f935e75-a068-42a2-b278-367a7545decd"
  6. Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing: [ATTACH] I installed the latest update of windows insider preview and the build id is 1903 suddenly the cortana and search settings option got removed from the user settings. tried internet tutorial nothing worked. please help me, attaching the screenshot below. my...
  7. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  8. Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application: Howdy, Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading? The exact details in the snapshot. Cheers, [img] 113913
  9. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...
  10. Manage search & Bing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage search & Bing settings: we can manage Search setting this may have alread been discussed but i did not see it if it was , Click the search icon/or just start typing into the search box [depends on how you have your search set ] on the taskbar ,click on the 3 small lines top left of the search...