Windows 10: Cortana cannot perform tasks

Discus and support Cortana cannot perform tasks in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana cannot perform tasks that she is supposed to do set reminders, set events in Calendar, opening apps. Everytime i tell her to do something like... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StarHero489, May 11, 2020.

1. Cortana cannot perform tasks

Cortana cannot perform tasks that she is supposed to do set reminders, set events in Calendar, opening apps. Everytime i tell her to do something like that she says Sorry I don't know the answer to this one when i tell her to open apps she gives me instructions on how to open the app myself. I can still trigger easter eggs What do you think of Clippy, What is Halo ect. and ask her something like What is the weather today, and i still get a normal response from her. Please do not suggest anything that involves playing around with important files or restarting the PC.

:)

StarHero489, May 11, 2020

2. Cortana not working (surface 3)

Hi Tom,

You may experience Cortana issues due to damaged operating system files or corrupted user profiles. To resolve such concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• When are you exactly having issues with Cortana? What task are you performing?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Cortana issues.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, May 11, 2020
  3. Cortana background task host

Hi,

Cortana background task host is a standard Windows process that may affect a computer's performance. For us to properly assist you in disabling this task, we would like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Aside from attempting to disable the Search bar, have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 11, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana cannot perform tasks

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Cortana cannot perform tasks

1. Cortana cannot perform tasks - Similar Threads - Cortana cannot perform

2. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  3. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  4. Cortana can't perform basic functions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't perform basic functions.: I'm trying to use Cortana to open apps, set reminders and things like that. She's advertised to be able to do all of that by Microsoft. However, whenever I try to, say, open an app, I get the response "Sorry, but I'm not equipped to do that at the moment". It's either that or...
  5. Trouble with Cortana/Task Bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with Cortana/Task Bar?: Hello Hello, Im having trouble with this bug, at first I thought it only was the cortana bar, but right now i've been checking other programs and it seems that it's happening to everything related to windows, even when I open the configuration menu, it wont let me choose...
  6. Cortana and task bar

in Cortana
    Cortana and task bar: I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen, for example, if I want to scroll the the right or left, the task bar pops up and freezes in place so that I can no longer...
  7. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...
  8. Cannot Invoke Cortana

Cannot Invoke Cortana: System: ASUS M32CD 64-bit, Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz,, 4 Cores, 8 GB DRAM, 4 TB Harddrive OS: Windows 10 Home, V 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (factory installed, updates up to date) Despite a mention of Cortana here and there, I can't make it run. My screen never quite...
  9. Cannot log in for Cortana

Cannot log in for Cortana: Cortana asks me to log in (i assume to my microsoft account), but no log in screen appears. On one occasion, a blank gray screen appeared. But every other time that grey screen just appears and disappears so rapidly there is no chance to even see what it is. Perhaps...
  10. GPU Performance in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Performance in Task Manager: After installing the Fall Creators Update, I checked Task Manager to look on the Performance tab to see what it said about my NVIDIA GPU on my laptop. That option is not showing up and I can find no way to enable it. Anyone have any idea? JohnD 95970