Windows 10: Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume

Discus and support Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Need some help. On my old Windows 10 computer I used voice commands to Cortana to adjust my computer volume all the time. Like "Hey Cortana, turn down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Galadeon, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume

Need some help. On my old Windows 10 computer I used voice commands to Cortana to adjust my computer volume all the time. Like "Hey Cortana, turn down volume.", and she would turn down the volume. Fast forward to today. I have a new computer that I just got this week. When I try the same command Cortana says, "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.". Huh? Can anyone provide some insight?

submitted by /u/Galadeon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Galadeon, Oct 2, 2020

2. Cortana can set speaker volume?

Hello,

Cortana currently is unable to adjust the volume.

You might want to suggest that feature using the Windows Feedback app.

I hope this helps.

Gage Mitchusson, Oct 2, 2020
  3. awalt Win User
    Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume

Speaker have auto adjust volume

I have noticed my speakers are quite quiet. This will sound confusing but it has two different volumes on the same volume number. If I click the mute quickly, it goes loud and then auto adjusts back to be quiet. I don't know why this happens but I want
    it to be louder but it just keeps auto adjusting sound. Note. the volume number doesn't go up or down when it auto adjusts. Anyone know how to fix this

GeorgeWilson4, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume

1. Cortana can't adjust my speaker volume - Similar Threads - Cortana can't adjust

2. I can't adjust the volume on my pc using an onn. small rugged speaker, but i can adjust it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't adjust the volume on my pc using an onn. small rugged speaker, but i can adjust it...: Ok, so I tried adjusting the volume on my speaker, it works, but when I try it on my pc, it does show the volume level go up/down, but no sound difference at all. I do not know why this happens but it might be a fault driver or something. If anyone knows what's happening,...
  3. I can't adjust the volume on my pc using an onn. small rugged speaker, but i can adjust it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't adjust the volume on my pc using an onn. small rugged speaker, but i can adjust it...: Ok, so I tried adjusting the volume on my speaker, it works, but when I try it on my pc, it does show the volume level go up/down, but no sound difference at all. I do not know why this happens but it might be a fault driver or something. If anyone knows what's happening,...
  4. I can't adjust the volume on my pc using an onn. small rugged speaker, but i can adjust it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning: Hi,Since upgrading to windows 11 my Modern USB-C speaker isn't functioning correctly. When using the volume adjust buttons on the device the volume adjusts on the surface laptop 4 top left of the screen but the sound output from the speaker doesn't change. Likewise using the...
  6. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!: Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed:only display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the...
  7. Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.: Hi, I was testing out a speaker to connect to my PC. Controlled with my phone, it seems fine. 0-100% volume is consistent. However, when trying to control the volume via PC, there would be a weird phenomenon.When the volume is set to 0-30%, it would be really loud. When it...
  8. Bluetooth and "Onn" speakers, cant adjust volume!

Bluetooth and "Onn" speakers, cant adjust volume!: Why cant I adjust the volume on my $35 walmart speaker? Thanks, -kyle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-and-onn-speakers-cant-adjust-volume/f7e20dc0-3d85-4dfa-87cb-91477c0ca177
  9. Can't adjust the volume

Can't adjust the volume: Hi, I have a computer with external speakers. My issue is that I can only adjust on those speakers. Adjusting the volume in windows has no effect, it only cut off the sound if I put it at zero. It's really annoying, it's much more easy for me to control the volume directly...
  10. Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue: Hi everyone, I have just bought a new MSI PS63 8SC model. When not connecting to bluetooth speaker, volume adjustment work normally. But while I connect to a bluetooth speaker, if I adjust volume from 1 to 100, nothing change. Now I can have only 0mute or 100. I have...