Windows 10: Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math

Discus and support Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math. I used a Microsoft account, and it works smoothly but not in work or school accounts. It... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by 4A19 NG CHUN NOK JOSHUA, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math

Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math.

I used a Microsoft account, and it works smoothly but not in work or school accounts.

It can't even open apps!

:)

4A19 NG CHUN NOK JOSHUA, Mar 21, 2021

2. Cortana only providing web search answers since upgrading to Creators Update and will not run my Programs

Cortana is integrated with search to make the experience better for users.

You may try turning off the web search in Cortana and check if it helps.

Kindly perform the below steps:

• Click on the Cortana Search box.
    • Go to Notebook tab.
    • Click on Settings.
    • In Settings, Turn off the option Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alert and more.
    • Also, turn off Search online and include web results option.

Let us know if this worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math [​IMG]

Try0x101, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math

1. Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math - Similar Threads - Cortana can't actions

2. Cortana can't do anything

in Cortana
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  3. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  4. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???

in Cortana
    Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???: I'm very surprised that Cortana can literally do nothing but say "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."It can't even set a timer or reminder....
  6. Cortana web search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana web search: Is there any way I can change Cortana settings so when I search for something it brings up a new tab in Google Chrome, not Microsoft Edge with bing. My default search engine is Google Chrome but it still opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge. submitted by /u/DATBOI___...
  7. Cortana not searching the web

in Cortana
    Cortana not searching the web: Cortana searches files instead of searching the web. E.x searching up 12431x3 it will show files named '12431x3' if it doesn't find files it will show "no result" . It used to search the web and bring up a calculator instead of searching files....
  8. Search bar math

in Cortana
    Search bar math: I had previously quite liked being able to type simple math into the search bar and have Cortana conjure the answer. It seems that with the Search / Cortana split up that functionality is gone. Is there a setting I can change to get it back or should I roll back the update...
  9. Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903 and it seems I can no longer do math calculations in the search any more. In the past, entering simple math (or simple searches) resulted in the answer showing up on the frame on the right, but now all I see is "search the web...
  10. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.