Windows 10: Cortana can't do normal commands like it used to do

Discus and support Cortana can't do normal commands like it used to do in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before the new update, Cortana could set an alarm, reminders, open some apps, etc. Now she just isn't able to do this. It replies with "Sorry, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/al3x_7788, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Cortana can't do normal commands like it used to do

Before the new update, Cortana could set an alarm, reminders, open some apps, etc. Now she just isn't able to do this. It replies with "Sorry, I don't have an answer for that."

Why is this happening?

submitted by /u/al3x_7788
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/al3x_7788, Jan 22, 2021

2. How to use voice command on Lumia 530

Hi,

Courtesy of
    T-Mobile.com

To set up Cortana to use for voice commands, follow these steps:

• Create or sign into your exisiting
      Microsoft account
    • On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Cortana.
    • Follow the instructions shown on your phone.

Note: To turn off Cortana, open Cortana > Menu > Settings > Turn off.

To open apps using voice commands, follow these steps:

• Tap the microphone.
    • Say "open" followed by the name of the application.
    • Answer any clarifying questions from Cortana.

To use voice dialing to call a contact, follow these steps:

• Tap the microphone.
    • Say "call" followed by the name of the contact.
    • Answer any clarifying questions from Cortana.
    To write and send a text message (SMS) using voice commands, follow these steps:

• Tap the microphone.
    • Say "text message."
    • Answer any clarifying questions from Cortana create and send message.

Smittychat., Jan 22, 2021
  3. Cortana Voice Commands for Music Not Working

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand that voice commands for Cortana are not working. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Cortana can't do normal commands like it used to do

Cortana Command

Hi,

Commanding Cortana to perform the sleep function is possible. You can use Cortana to command a device to go to sleep mode by creating a shortcut for the sleep function. Follow these steps to do:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click inside the Programs folder and then select the New Shortcut option.
    • In the location field, type the following: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0.
    • Name it Sleep.
    • To test if the function is already working, say "Hey Cortana, open Sleep".

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Cortana can't do normal commands like it used to do

1. Cortana can't do normal commands like it used to do - Similar Threads - Cortana can't normal

2. Cortana can't do anything

in Cortana
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  3. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  4. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math

in Cortana
    Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math: Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math. I used a Microsoft account, and it works smoothly but not in work or school accounts. It can't even open apps!...
  6. What do these cmd commands do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What do these cmd commands do?: I was following a YouTube tutorial to try and fix a problem with my discord but in the end I fixed it and it wasn't from following the tutorial. I'm just wondering because the vid got me to type in some network commands into cmd and I'm wondering what they actually did and if...
  7. what exactly do these commands do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what exactly do these commands do: assume that router bbb is connected to router aaa and router aaa gave router bbb a bad ip address from the dhcp so all the devices that are connected to router bbb have no internet after that a laptop is directly connected to router aaa by using a network wire and the...
  8. Cortana commands

in Cortana
    Cortana commands: Simple question: Can cortana even do something as simple as switching between open Apps? I mean, it can launch an app (but not close it &#55356;�‍♂️)… It can start playing music on a preferred player, pause music, and even pause and resume youtube videos.... But for the life...
  9. I can't switch the "Hey Cortana" command on

in Cortana
    I can't switch the "Hey Cortana" command on: There is a toggle button in the Cortana settings to turn the "Hey Cortana" command on/off, but I am not able to turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-the-hey-cortana-command-on/b7ca1d21-d88d-46cd-b88a-c45cfa56d180"
  10. Do you use Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you use Cortana?: Does anyone use Cortana on their computer or tablet? Useful productivity tool, cute novelty, or marketing gimmick? 11163