Windows 10: Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat

Discus and support Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana seems to have lost the ability to control my GLAS thermostat. With nothing changing on my end, commands such as: Set the thermostat to heat... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Toryn, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Toryn Win User

Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat

Cortana seems to have lost the ability to control my GLAS thermostat.

With nothing changing on my end, commands such as: Set the thermostat to heat or Set the temperature to 74 now result in Cortana replying back "I couldn't find thermostat." or "I couldn't find temperature." Previously, these commands worked properly. Oddly enough, Cortana is invokable from the thermostat itself. She appears on the display and functions, except for not being able to control the thermostat. Also, I can control the thermostat just fine from the GLAS app.

I've tried signing out of Cortana on the thermostat, removing the device from the "My Devices" section in the Cortana app, rebooting the thermostat, signing back into Cortana on the thermostat, and then setting up the thermostat as a new device from the Cortana app. No luck.

I've also tried signing out and removing the device, and then completely factory resetting the GLAS thermostat, updating the software back to the latest version, and then signing back into Cortana and adding the device.... also no luck.

I even tried renaming the thermostat to a custom name and asking Cortana to set the temperature using that name. Example: I changed the thermostat from "Living room" to "My Test Device." It's as if the device is just not registered in Cortana.

This problem occurs regardless of where I invoke Cortana from (Surface Pro, Invoke Speaker, Cortana Android app, the thermostat itself, etc. etc.) I only have one single Microsoft account and I'm using that account on all of the devices / apps I'm attempting to control the thermostat from. Lastly, Cortana is still able to control other devices (Hue Bulbs for example) without issue.

GLAS Thermostat Details

System image version: 1.0.1.68

User interface version: 1.7.14.12

Control engine version: 1.0.599.0

Device management version: 1.2.9.0

Please don't ask me to create a new Microsoft account and test from there. I'm almost certain this is account specific... but switching accounts isn't an option.

:)

Toryn, Oct 31, 2018

2. Cortana and GLAS Thermostat (Windows 10 Iot)

Hey all,

I am not sure why Microsoft decided to not include the ability to set reminders on the GLAS thermostat but I think that is a mistake. We took our invoke and placed it in a different room so we could utilize the Cortana and XBOX integration since we expected
    the new GLAS thermostat to include the majority of Cortana (not media) skills.

This seems like an odd choice. I hope you enable soon.

jlwhitfield, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana

Source: Johnson Controls utilizes Microsoft technology to expand the smart thermostat category - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 smart thermostat is coming from Johnson Controls

Read more: A Windows 10 smart thermostat is coming from Johnson Controls | ZDNet

Brink, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat - Similar Threads - Cortana Can't Find

2. Cortana can't find emails/contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't find emails/contacts: I say, "Hey Cortana, send an email to *name*" and she says, "Sorry, I couldn't find that person, who is it going to?" I have contacts on the people app, and outlook, so idk what is happening, pls help submitted by /u/georgethememelord [link] [comments]...
  3. Cortana can't find my contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't find my contacts: I say, "Hey Cortana, send an email to *name*" and she says, "Sorry, I couldn't find that person, who is it going to?" I have contacts on the people app, and outlook, so idk what is happening, pls help submitted by /u/georgethememelord [link] [comments]...
  4. Cortana and GLAS

in Cortana
    Cortana and GLAS: Cortana suddenly stopped to reply to some commands regarding GLAS thermostat. Plus, on the website of the thermostat, there are no mentions that it supports Cortana. Is it a sign that MS is not going to develop Cortana?...
  5. Can't find Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't find Cortana: Hi, I have a Dell win 10 laptop but Cortana is nowhere to be found here. I also have an hp win 10 laptop and there are no such issues there. Please help as soon as possible. Regards, Minahil...
  6. GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?

in Cortana
    GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?: GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP? Does anybody support windows anymore? Not even a web interface for this device. They are requiring me to buy an IOS or Android device when I already have a Windows Computer Why is there no support for Windows on a...
  7. I can't find Cortana

in Cortana
    I can't find Cortana: I can't find Cortana anywhere on my laptop. I can search for Cortana and it'll come up with something from settings but when i click it it only goes back to search on my search cortana isn't there at all. cortana used to be there but i havent used it in ages and now i can't...
  8. Cortana can't find where to turn it on in settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana can't find where to turn it on in settings.: Have the mike setup also location but can't seen to get it turned on. 18236
  9. JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana: JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS, the first powerful smart thermostat featuring Cortana Heating and cooling account for more than 40 percent of the energy use in a typical home and makes for the largest energy expense for most families. In the commercial building sector, the...
  10. Cortana search can't find my applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search can't find my applications: [img] [img] even after starting windows search from services.msc and restarting windows explorer it still won't work. 21544

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Help me connect to glas thermostat

2. how do i activate cortana on my glas thermostat

3. cortana cannot talk to glas

4. GLAS thermostat app for Windows phone,
  5. glas thermostat forum