Windows 10: Cortana can't find my contacts

Discus and support Cortana can't find my contacts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I say, "Hey Cortana, send an email to *name*" and she says, "Sorry, I couldn't find that person, who is it going to?" I have contacts on the people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/georgethememelord, May 24, 2020.

1. Cortana can't find my contacts

I say, "Hey Cortana, send an email to *name*" and she says, "Sorry, I couldn't find that person, who is it going to?" I have contacts on the people app, and outlook, so idk what is happening, pls help

submitted by /u/georgethememelord
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/georgethememelord, May 24, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 24, 2020
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 24, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana can't find my contacts

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Cortana can't find my contacts

1. Cortana can't find my contacts - Similar Threads - Cortana can't find

2. I can't find my cortana pleases help!!

in Cortana
    I can't find my cortana pleases help!!: I can't find my Cortana pleases help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-cortana-pleases-help/e0c922db-fe07-4897-ab4a-7e4d46cb0f49
  3. Cortana can't find emails/contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't find emails/contacts: I say, "Hey Cortana, send an email to *name*" and she says, "Sorry, I couldn't find that person, who is it going to?" I have contacts on the people app, and outlook, so idk what is happening, pls help submitted by /u/georgethememelord [link] [comments]...
  4. can't find my former list of contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find my former list of contacts: Help me find my former list of contacts. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-former-list-of-contacts/b93e9cd4-2a3a-465a-a024-c24be9bb6e47"
  5. Can't find Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't find Cortana: Hi, I have a Dell win 10 laptop but Cortana is nowhere to be found here. I also have an hp win 10 laptop and there are no such issues there. Please help as soon as possible. Regards, Minahil...
  6. I can't find Cortana

in Cortana
    I can't find Cortana: I can't find Cortana anywhere on my laptop. I can search for Cortana and it'll come up with something from settings but when i click it it only goes back to search on my search cortana isn't there at all. cortana used to be there but i havent used it in ages and now i can't...
  7. Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat

in Cortana
    Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat: Cortana seems to have lost the ability to control my GLAS thermostat. With nothing changing on my end, commands such as: Set the thermostat to heat or Set the temperature to 74 now result in Cortana replying back "I couldn't find thermostat." or "I couldn't find...
  8. Cortana and contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and contacts: Hello. My problem is that when I say to Cortana to send an email she cannot find my contacts. I have 2 accounts windowslive and gmail. When I open people application everything is alright. When I send by mail emails, my contacts are also alright. She cannot find the contact...
  9. Cortana can't find where to turn it on in settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana can't find where to turn it on in settings.: Have the mike setup also location but can't seen to get it turned on. 18236
  10. Cortana search can't find my applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search can't find my applications: [img] [img] even after starting windows search from services.msc and restarting windows explorer it still won't work. 21544