Windows 10: cortana can't play music

Discus and support cortana can't play music in Cortana to solve the problem; when I asked her to play music she said sorry but for the time being I am not equipped to do that.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SamFantastic, May 15, 2021.

1. cortana can't play music

when I asked her to play music she said sorry but for the time being I am not equipped to do that.

:)

SamFantastic, May 15, 2021
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Cortana won't play local music

Hi Joseph,

Cortana plays musics that are located in a folder where Groove is set to look for music. You can add more folders to it by following this steps:

• Open Groove Music.
    • Under Albums, click Choose where we look for music.
    • Click + to add a folder.
    • Browse for the folder that you wanted and click Add this folder to Music
      and Cortana will now play musics on the folder.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 15, 2021
  3. AkshayRai Win User
    Cortana not supporting to "play music", "play my music", or any such commands like before.

for the question

• Were you able to chat with Cortana?
    yes I'm able to chat with Cortana.

and for

• Is this only happening to specific commands like what you mentioned?
    my command is for playing music, so its happening with this command, rest were working fine, till what I've experienced. when i'm giving the command to play music, it's opening a bing search in the browser for that and not directly playing music even from
    groove.

I've followed all the steps mentioned above, cleared my device history as told but it didn't help.

please help me in other ways possible, i'll try whatever you say,

I'll wait for your response

thank you

AkshayRai, May 15, 2021
  4. cortana can't play music

Cortana doesn't 'play my music'

Hi Andrew,

You can try some of these commands using Cortana to play music:

• Play music.
    • Play <genre>
    • Play <artist>
    • Play <album>
    • Pause the music.
    • Resume music.
    • Shuffle the music.
    • Play next track.
    • Play previous track.
    • Play <playlist>
    • What is playing?

Regards.

Radney Dri, May 15, 2021
Thema:

cortana can't play music

1. cortana can't play music - Similar Threads - cortana can't play

2. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  3. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  4. Cortana can't play music or clsoe window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana can't play music or clsoe window: Hello. I started using cortana yeasterday and i wanted to cortana open and play my music but its not workingI looked for a tips and i only found to open notebook. But in new cortana there isn't notebook.Same thing with the closing application he cannot close an application....
  5. Cortana can't play music or clsoe window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana can't play music or clsoe window: Hello. I started using cortana yeasterday and i wanted to cortana open and play my music but its not workingI looked for a tips and i only found to open notebook. But in new cortana there isn't notebook.Same thing with the closing application he cannot close an application....
  6. Cortana can't play music or clsoe window

in Cortana
  7. Can't play Music with Cortana...? *Solved*

in Cortana
    Can't play Music with Cortana...? *Solved*: Check out this video - https://youtu.be/vdLlA7CZfOw ...! And, don't forget to Like & Subscribe me...! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-music-with-cortana-solved/6d441d5f-faea-4f53-a95c-57450ba75ddf
  8. Cortana won't play music

in Cortana
    Cortana won't play music: Hi guys ! How can I control music with cortana with latest update? When I say her " Cortana play some music" She answer me: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." Please how can i fix this ? [Original Title: Cortana]...
  9. Cortana can't control music.

in Cortana
    Cortana can't control music.: I am using the latest version of Windows which is Windows 10 2004. Cortana is updated to the latest version When i give command to cortana "Play any song" Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't control your music here." Please anyone help me with this.[ATTACH]...
  10. Cortana not playing any music on Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana not playing any music on Spotify: So this is an issue I'm having on Windows 10, my phone (iPhone), and on my new speaker. I just started using Cortana after winning Harman Kardon Invoke from Microsoft rewards. After getting everything set up I saw everything worked except for Spotify. I see most of the...