Windows 10: CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP

Discus and support CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP in Cortana to solve the problem; CORTANA WON'T HEAR MY WAKE WORD, WON'T RESPOND TO ME, I tried setting region to UK , then it worked for a while, but it suddently stopped working, I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Trade1234, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Trade1234 Win User

CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP

CORTANA WON'T HEAR MY WAKE WORD, WON'T RESPOND TO ME,

I tried setting region to UK , then it worked for a while, but it suddently stopped working, I had to set region agian, this keeps having same issue,

how to fix it so that Cortana can hear my wake word and respond?

:)

Trade1234, Oct 11, 2020

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 11, 2020
  4. CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP

1. CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP - Similar Threads - CORTANA CAN'T WAKE

2. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  3. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  4. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  5. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  6. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Can't wake up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't wake up from sleep mode.: Hello guys, I have the following problem. My laptop Dell Inspiron 5485 AMD version suddenly stopped waking up when I close the lid or just go to sleep mode. Like I said this happened suddenly, one day I closed the lid and probable 1 hour later I noticed that the laptop was...
  8. computer can't wake up, ****

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer can't wake up, ****: I can't wake up my laptop. I press shutdown button, then start it but my laptop doesn’t get to BIOS. Previously I did a clean Windows installation. Perhaps, it is a reason...
  9. black screen - can't wake up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen - can't wake up: I am having the issue where when I restart my laptop on Windows 10 - i get to a black screen. No amount of key resets get me out of the black screen. The only solution we have found was to let the battery die, recharging and starting again. From searches on the internet it...
  10. Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up: Hi, The screen on my laptop Fujitsu Lifebook U904 suddenly turned black when I took it off the docking. For a while, I could use an extern display to see the screen of the laptop. I tried to find out of it searching around on the internet and came over advice to go into the...