Windows 10: Cortana chat box

Discus and support Cortana chat box in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there a way to interact with Cortana without the start menu opening every time? I don't need Cortana to stimulate sight and sound every single use.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PERMANENTv2, May 11, 2019.

1. Cortana chat box

Is there a way to interact with Cortana without the start menu opening every time? I don't need Cortana to stimulate sight and sound every single use.

:)

PERMANENTv2, May 11, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 11, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 11, 2019
  4. Cortana chat box

I'm unable to chat with cortana.

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Cortana is integrated with search to make the experience better for users.

You may try to turn off the web search in Cortana, and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Cortana Search box.
    • Go to Notebook tab.
    • Click on Settings.
    • In Settings, Turn off the option
      Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alert and more.
    • Also, turn off Search online and include web results option.

Also, see:
    Cortana & search

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Cortana chat box

1. Cortana chat box - Similar Threads - Cortana chat box

2. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  3. Cortana is a giant empty box

in Cortana
    Cortana is a giant empty box: Out of nowhere while my pc was running, my cortana search results box became giant and empty. The only answer I have found to this problem is to make a new microsoft profile which I really do not want to do. How can I fix Cortana?[ATTACH]...
  4. Chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chat: The live chat from Microsoft removed it or is it that I do not get the option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chat/5c5193fa-82ed-4932-89c2-c257f6bce5f4
  5. Search box in Cortana inactive

Search box in Cortana inactive: When I try to use the Cortana search box it tells me "I've lost access to your account please sign in" but the sign in the bar at the bottom is inactive. I cannot type in the search bar. This is new as I have been having problems of all the icons freezing requiring me to do...
  6. Cortana search box is now huge

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search box is now huge: Why did my Cortana search box suddenly more than double in size? Can't screenshoot it but imagine it taking up more than half the screen. I did absolutely nothing to change it and see no setting to revert it back to its typical size. I am running 1803. Restarted computer with...
  7. Chat

Chat: Why does the virtual agent give you the option to chat and then you click it and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/chat/791089ac-e5c0-4241-9885-aa265955af52
  8. Facebook Chat Box

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Box: Hi folks, Is anyone else missing their Chat Box thing on Facebook? It seems to have disappeared. *Confused Here's what I'm talking about.. [img] I've edited out any personal details, but as you can see there is no chat box thing on the right side of the...
  9. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998
  10. Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly: This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Search box on the taskbar does not work. Clicking on the Search box makes it change color, but it is not possible to type anything into the box. Opening Start Menu before clicking on the Search box sometimes helps. In 1 case...