Windows 10: Cortana closes as soon as she opens

Discus and support Cortana closes as soon as she opens in Cortana to solve the problem; hen itap the mic she closes automatically... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GenesisMMJ, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Cortana closes as soon as she opens

hen itap the mic she closes automatically

:)

GenesisMMJ, Apr 6, 2020

2. Cortana Closes As Soon As She Opens

Closing Cortana in Task Manager has not corrected the problem. I say "Hello Cortana" and the app opens but then closes immediately.

ube.webmaster, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Cortana Closes As Soon As She Opens

I realise that this is a very old question, but it has only of a couple of days ago become relevant to me. After the anniversary update, Cortana would open only very briefly - something like a tenth of a second - and one of the suggestions was to open a
    new user. For some reason this works, but of course doesn't really solve the problem as such. Going back to the old user gives the same old problem.

The Task Manager - which can be started by right clicking the task bar or start button, and selecting the relevant item from the list presented - doesn't contain a Cortana process, so nothing to close down, but both it and something called Cortana Background
    Task Host start up briefly when either pressing the icon or from the 'Hey Cortana' call, both disappearing almost as quickly as the Cortana question box.

I could of course close down the old user, and then re-establish it to see if this would solve the problem, but every move I make only causes further problems - I had to remove my SSD and replace the old disk drive when I lost the whole machine, which in
    the end refused to start at all after I had run many 'solutions' to this problem - so I am loath to ruin my one remaining drive (although I have made a note of the Windows reference number in case).

Addition: Having created a new account, I deleted the old one and then recreated it. I hadn't realised how much work would be involved in doing this, since it seems such a simple job, but of course you lose everything that you have set up, not least all
    of the accounts in Mail. However, everything seems to work now.

Richard P Neal, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Wudark5 Win User

Cortana closes as soon as she opens

Cortana Closes As Soon As She Opens

I had this same problem (Cortana closing immediately after opening), it reoccurs after I change to a local account and then try to use Cortana.

To fix it, I open sounds recording and use configure to start speech recognition. It then worked.

Wudark5, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Cortana closes as soon as she opens

1. Cortana closes as soon as she opens - Similar Threads - Cortana closes soon

2. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  3. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  4. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it: This has happened twice to me now, the first time I had to wipe my whole pc after trying every "fix". Don't feel like doing this again after losing all my stuff, can somebody help? This is really stressing me out.BTW i have done wsreset, deleting directories, reseting...
  6. Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...: Its saying that wait let me show you [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-apps-once-i-asked-cortana-to/027b3dc7-dcd1-48dd-a5e3-9ddcba6a601c
  7. my outlook keeps closing as soon as I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my outlook keeps closing as soon as I open it: Hi, I need some help please. In the last few days I've had a problem with my Outlook. As soon as I open it, it stays open for a few seconds then closes. I have tried doing an on-line repair, but that didn't fix it. Thanks in advance....
  8. CMD window closing as soon as opened

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD window closing as soon as opened: This just started about two weeks ago. As soon as use the CMD command the window closes right away. Doing some research, I think possibly it occurred after my computer got infected with a miner. My antivirus killed it right away and dozens of full scans indicate I am virus...
  9. asphalt 9 game closes itself as soon as it is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asphalt 9 game closes itself as soon as it is opened: i have installed and reinstalled asphalt 9 game but it closes as soon as it is opened. first the logo of gameloft comes then it turns black and then it closes itself. please help...
  10. Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?: I just recently downloaded Windows Ten today 7/29/2015 and I wanted to personalize my computer. I opened the start window and clicked settings. The window flashed up but then disappeared. It isn't showing up in my taskbar or in task manager. I tried accessing it from the tile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cortana vanishes few seconds