Windows 10: cortana comes on by herself

Discus and support cortana comes on by herself in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana come on by herself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-comes-on-by-herself/4a1464c3-9b64-4e32-9194-ce6b6b5906f8" Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ScottPhegley, May 7, 2019.

1. cortana comes on by herself

Cortana come on by herself?

:)

ScottPhegley, May 7, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 7, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Cortana

Hi,

A Windows service may be preventing you from enabling Cortana on your computer. Please answer a few things for us to know how we can deliver the best resolution to your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you switch on Cortana?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

See Sachin Venkatesh's suggestion on this
    page
    to enable Cortana on your computer.

Let us know if you're able to fix the problem after following the steps.

Come back if you need additional assistance.

Ruz San, May 7, 2019
  4. cortana comes on by herself

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 7, 2019
Thema:

cortana comes on by herself

1. cortana comes on by herself - Similar Threads - cortana comes herself

2. How to remove child from family group that consists of herself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove child from family group that consists of herself?: My girl unknowingly left our family group and set up one family group herself.As she is 13, and she is the only one in her family group, she is unable to remove herself from that group, nor can she add an adult to the family group to workaround.Can you advise?...
  3. Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family: My kids account shows that she is the family organizer. Whey i invite her to add to my family group. It says she needs to exist from current group. You're already in a family groupYou'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one.To leave a group, select Go to...
  4. Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family

Child Account added herself as Organizer Cant add to the family: My kids account shows that she is the family organizer. Whey i invite her to add to my family group. It says she needs to exist from current group. You're already in a family groupYou'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one.To leave a group, select Go to...
  5. Cortana opens by herself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana opens by herself: Help guys for some reason randomly cortana opened out of no where when I was playing a game it had open before 2 days before I have Malwarebytes and bitdefender installed and it says everything is fine so any help? submitted by /u/hellofriendsofscp [link] [comments]...
  6. When is cortana coming to Denmark

in Cortana
    When is cortana coming to Denmark: Hi are there any plans on a expansion on Cortanas languages Cortana like Danish and Norwegian, cortana has been out for a long time now and still has only a few languages to Choose from Where is Siri already has Danish and Norwegian...
  7. Grandma used our comp and signed herself as ADMIN.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grandma used our comp and signed herself as ADMIN.: Grandma is visiting, she thought she was trying to find games, and ended up signing up as Administrator. We tried changing back, it will not let us. We added me as a second user, and changed me to admin, and grandma to standard user, BUT all our desktop saved files and apps...
  8. Cortana has trouble coming with any results

Cortana has trouble coming with any results: Hello, fellow users ! First time here. So when I initially installed W10 (fresh install) I made use of some tools to deactivate all the windows10 privacy bs we all know and love. So I disabled Cortana the normal way, or so I think. I wanted to try her out today and...
  9. Cortana coming to more devices in 2018 through Devices SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana coming to more devices in 2018 through Devices SDK: 2017 was an exciting and productive year for Cortana — from launching the Harman Kardon Invoke intelligent speaker, releasing our Skills Kit, and introducing many new features and capabilities — we continue to grow the Cortana ecosystem to help people get things done across...
  10. How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10: Hello! I’m @MarcusAsh, the Group Program Manager for Cortana and Search on the Windows PC, Phone and Tablet Group. Over the past few months, we’ve shared details about some of the features we think you’ll love in Windows 10 like Continuum, universal apps and of course...