Windows 10: Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue

Discus and support Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue in Cortana to solve the problem; On my previous installation of Windows 10 pro, I was able to control my Philips Hue lights using voice commands with Cortana. I have since tried to do... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LucasWebley, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue

On my previous installation of Windows 10 pro, I was able to control my Philips Hue lights using voice commands with Cortana. I have since tried to do the same on a different computer and am running into the following issues:

I'm in the UK and Cortana 'Connected Home' doesn't appear in the Cortana 'Notebook' when my language settings are set to English (UK)

When I set the language to English (US) it does appear, although that stops Cortana from working entirely.

I know this issue can be resolved because, as I say, I had it working perfectly with my previous computer and am using the same programs as before.

To note, I have allowed Cortana to respond to me, I have trained Cortana to recognise my voice and gone through all the standard procedures, and also connected my Philips Hue lights under the connected home option whilst the language is set to U.S.

Thanks in advance.

:)

LucasWebley, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Philips Hue not working with Invoke and Cortana

Hi Pavel,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better understand your Philip Hue concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Can you please tell us the step-by-step process on how you're connecting Philips Hue to Cortana?
    • Are you encountering any error when connecting Philips Hue to Cortana?
    • What are the exact voice commands that you're using to control the light?

Argel Obm, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Pavel26 Win User

I just setup my Philips Hue and connected the account with Cortana Connected Home. But whenever I ask Cortana to switch or/off or anything it just tell me it can help with smart devices and tell me to follow the same step of connecting hue again and again.
    Please advice.

Pavel26, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Pavel26 Win User

Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue

Sure.

1. Steps to Connect Hue to Cortana:

i. Opened Cortana on my Windows 10 laptop

ii. Went to Notebook

iii. Went to Connected Home

iv. Opened Philips Hue.

v. Connect

vi. Used Hue's login credential and connected.

2. No Errors Encountered. At present it shows it's Connected

3. Commands:

i. Turn on the Living Room

ii. turn On Living Room lights

iii. Turn the lights in Living Room.

Everytime it just says same thing: Cortana can help you go to Notebook and Connected Homes to connect devices.

Tried with Invoke, Mobile app and also laptop

Pavel26, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue

1. Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue - Similar Threads - Cortana Connected Home

2. yellow hue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    yellow hue: Why is there a yellow hue on my copies when printed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-hue/9324e297-97b7-4f70-955f-f75568235f08
  3. How to get American Cortana in the UK?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get American Cortana in the UK?: I can't believe there isn't at least a complex coding method to achieve this, I've scoured the internet for info but it's all dated back to 2015 so I assumed there'd be an update by now. It seems unfair that a simple process of sharing a language pack with the UK from the US...
  4. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  5. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  6. Cortana and 2004 - UK

in Cortana
    Cortana and 2004 - UK: When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in missing. I've checked that I'm am signed in everywhere I am and also tried resetting the Cortana app, but nothing works. I've...
  7. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  8. Invoke Speaker Philips Hue Not Authorized

in Cortana
    Invoke Speaker Philips Hue Not Authorized: Greetings. I have Philips Hue lights & an Invoke Smart Speaker. I have no other smart home devices. I have had the lights for about 1 month, & they worked well with no issues. I was able to speak to Cortana through my Invoke speaker & ask her to turn on or off my lights, or...
  9. Connected Home unavailable - Cortana

in Cortana
    Connected Home unavailable - Cortana: I do not see in Cortana notebook menu connetted home. I call from Italy and I use Windows 10 in Italian. For this, I cannot control may Hue lights. Can You help me? ***Title modified from: cortana domotica***...
  10. Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working: Soon after downloading Windows 10, problems started emerging. Nothing happens when I click on the the icons for home, cortana, connecting to the internet, or power. It is impossible to establish an internet connection, the troubleshooter "couldn't identify the problem". The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cotana and hue uk

2. cortana connected home uk